BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeepfest Question - trail rides  (Read 741 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: Jeepfest Question - trail rides
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »

I will get out with you guys asap, and would love to be in a smaller group of people willing to teach me how to be better 

Another great part of our club when we do
trail rides is, we have a drivers meeting about
9 am (always local time). We go over the days
plan and etc. There's never any pressure to do
trails your not comfortable doing. With that in
mind we always try to split into 3 groups.
1) easy
2) moderate
3) hard core

no one will make u feel bad, slighted or less if you bypass a trail or obstacle .   

Uh...mean girls will

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I thought everyone had seen that movie?  lmao The ribbing and jokes are part of it. We are FAR better than some forums where you get flamed for even introducing yourself, or any question really. Welcome, you've picked a good bunch. (for the most part)
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 10:10:46 AM »
I think i can sense the good natured ribbing you guys are giving. 
Makes me realize you are a close group and enjoy each others company, sometimes ;)

Sometimes...

Haha. Yes, dont take anyone's comments seriously. People here are rarely serious
I told someone on the trail that I'm always joking unless I start off my sentence with, "Muther f#@ker...... ".

We try to pull our weight but if we are of no assistance, we can always hand you a tool or beer.
Right Clarke?

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
thats generally how i start my sentences when i am irritated and serious ;)

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
Thanks again for cluttering a new person's thread
@Anvilsam and @clark123456 with inside jokes
that he will not understand at this point....always
love the quote's also
You call it cluttering up someone’s thread where as I call it engaging new members and making them feel like part of the group. I enjoy the quotes as well bc it allows me to see what people are responding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »
I think i can sense the good natured ribbing you guys are giving. 
Makes me realize you are a close group and enjoy each others company, sometimes ;)

Sometimes...

Haha. Yes, dont take anyone's comments seriously. People here are rarely serious
I told someone on the trail that I'm always joking unless I start off my sentence with, "Muther f#@ker...... ".

We try to pull our weight but if we are of no assistance, we can always hand you a tool or beer.
Right Clarke?
Looks like he was lending a helpful hand last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »
Photoshop bruhh.

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 06:19:01 PM »
Ok I am going to add to this instead of starting another thread.
Just returned from JF. Completely different than I remeber when I was a passenger.
There were no organized trail rides. Just a map telling you where the trails were and how difficult they are. I did Grandview.
Ok so tell me if this is just me making something out of nothing or what. After I ran the obstacle course for a while, and I came down hard once after dropping over a pole. I didn’t realize it was rutted out on the other side of and I thought I busted everything behind the back tires.
Anyway. When I got on the road to head to the trail a little bit later the ride felt a little different. The Jeep felt sluggish as though I wasn’t completely in 2H and it felt like I could feel every pebble on the road.
Ran the course a couple more times before putting in park for a while. Still felt that sensitive ride until after I aired back up and got up to speed. Felt it again once I got off 75.
Just me? 
Heading back tomorrow with my boys in tow.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
I'm betting you flattened the muffler & vent a shock or 3.

Best thing to do is climb under it & so a damage assessment.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »
I'm betting you flattened the muffler & vent a shock or 3.

Best thing to do is climb under it & so a damage assessment.
Yep...that's what I think too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »
Thanks.
I made sure to get under it in a parking lot on the way to the trail and I didn’t see any fluids dripping so that was good. Double and triple checked that.
I didn’t see the muffler having any damage.  I will inspect shocks in the morning.
Thanks guys.
Hoping to go through sandy bottom trail with my boys tomorrow

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:51 AM »
OK, Jeepfest was a success! tires got wet jeep got dirty, kids had some fun, dad now needs a second job to get many of the things he saw ;)

bumped along the obstacle course multiple times each day trying to learn a lot about what i can do and where the maximum flex will happen and when i will bottom out.  wasnt brave enough to get stuck so i stayed away from a few lanes on the course. 
All of the obstacle course made for a good warm up and learning time before hitting the trails.
Easier one on Saturday and slightly more difficult one on Sunday (sandy bottoms). 
I am certain i need a little lift and some new shocks, and a winch (not bc i got stuck but bc i need a winch)
I think i am ready to head out with a small group and spend a day on a trail or two. 
didnt think i would ever want to go above 33" tires since this is my daily driver, but 35" are trying to creep into my brain.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2019, 07:07:12 AM »
OK, Jeepfest was a success! tires got wet jeep got dirty, kids had some fun, dad now needs a second job to get many of the things he saw ;)

bumped along the obstacle course multiple times each day trying to learn a lot about what i can do and where the maximum flex will happen and when i will bottom out.  wasnt brave enough to get stuck so i stayed away from a few lanes on the course. 
All of the obstacle course made for a good warm up and learning time before hitting the trails.
Easier one on Saturday and slightly more difficult one on Sunday (sandy bottoms). 
I am certain i need a little lift and some new shocks, and a winch (not bc i got stuck but bc i need a winch)
I think i am ready to head out with a small group and spend a day on a trail or two. 
didnt think i would ever want to go above 33" tires since this is my daily driver, but 35" are trying to creep into my brain.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend.

Glad u had fun, it can be like crack.  we have a ride in AL coming in a few weeks, http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=18367.0  come join in.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM