BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: steering  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
Re: steering - updated resolved
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2020, 09:01:53 PM »
OK so first let me thank you all for the comments and suggestions over the past year plus. 
Many of you have followed the saga for a long time, and have been frustrated as i have. 
After months of trying to figure out the issue and multiple people having their hands on the vehicle and Adam spending so much time with me on the phone today I have a solution. 
The Jeep dealer had it for two weeks, and offered camber bolts with no guarantee. Today they offered a Fox Heavy Duty steering stabilizer, and after putting them off until I could speak to AC Giddens at All South I made a decision. I spoke to Adam for 20+ minutes and we decided the SS would mask the issue and cause tires to wear quickly.  He suggested upper and lower CA.  My wife said she is sick of throwing money at the issue, and is afraid it will never be fixed.  I am tired of dropping money when i could use it for other upgrades, and I fear for the safety of my passengers (my family). 
No one can figure out why the tires keep toeing out shortly after an alignment so after more thought of the CAs and the money it would cost without gaurantee of a fix my wife made a decision, and I swear i was not on board and was standing in the parking lot about to cry i was so upset to make this decision.  I told her it is not right and we should not do it! She insisted and so the decision was made.

So here it is a year after of discussion too much money wasted too many unanswered questions and a fear of breakage I bought a new Jeep.  A 2021 JL (boy that is going to take some getting used to) Unlimited Sport. 
It could not have worked out better and the dealership was seriously the best i have ever worked with while buying this Jeep.  I told the salesman "I am not here to buy a Jeep and I do not want to buy a Jeep, so I wont BS you and I dont want you to BS me!" Long story short it was the best decision.  No more issues with pulling, no more safety concerns, no more wasted money on monthly check ups at a Jeep/alignment shop.  I am still wrestling with a car payment but it is very manageable due to the nice trade allowance. 

I think we can officially close this thread, so thank you all for the responses.  I am sorry we never truly solved the issue and I hope no one ever goes through something like this again.  Throwing money at a problem and hoping it solves it sux. 

cant wait to get this one a little dirty.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: steering
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »
Congrats. Looks awesome. Sometimes its easier to cut an run.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2020, 11:12:54 AM »
Congrats on the JL, they're incredible! The only thing not to love about them are the payments

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »
Congrats on the JL, they're incredible! The only thing not to love about them are the payments
And recalls

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2020, 11:45:48 AM »
And recalls

True! Not sure if the '21 versions have the fixes already. It was JUST bad frame welds and weak steering boxes that I can remember

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
And recalls

True! Not sure if the '21 versions have the fixes already. It was JUST bad frame welds and weak steering boxes that I can remember
It's a Fiat, so there will be more

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »
And recalls

It's a Fiat, so there will be more

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2020, 10:12:06 PM »
And recalls

21' is the first year they come from the factory with a steel steering box instead of Aluminum. Im getting a free steel one for mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2020, 07:16:53 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes and understanding. I truly was. It an easy decision.
It feels great and looks good, and the wife like driving it. “It has more pep than the other one .”
The kids love it and and the peace of mind eases the frustration of payments. 

Thanks again
Keith

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2020, 07:38:02 PM »
Did you put a note in the glove box of old Jeep, to give the new owners a heads up of the issues they just bought?
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Nu2Jeeps

• Visitor
  • Keith B
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2020, 08:14:10 PM »
they didnt give me a lot of time in the old jeep.
that is a great idea and I wish I had thought of that.  It was such a whirlwind i was just ready to be done. 

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2020, 10:42:19 PM »
Not being an ass but I wonder if the next owner will notice it as bad?  Hell I don't pay a lot attention to little noises, check engine light (taped over it on my old Jeep) and such things. I've seen people about tear dashes apart over little noises.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM