BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GMP  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: GMP
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »
My wife is a commerical real estate appraiser for Suntrust. I can get her to do a eval. Just gotta remember to ask.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cool, I'll let you know after this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Depending on the county she may have access to all the files online unless you have to go to the courthouse to pull info.
She should still be able to get an evaluation based on satellite info at the least.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
White County.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2019, 09:06:32 AM »
Wish it was closer. 

Current interest rates should make this possible for you with low interest financing.   Loan of 700,000 (you might have to establish residency) at $3340 a month.  Incorporate, keep 51% for 100% control, you have all of the voting shares lol , start selling shares....You'll pay 51% of the payment ($1703, only 42 vehicle days @ $40/day)) and I'm sure 20 GATR members would like in and would pay $81.83 a month each for a 2.45% share! Split all other expenses. Hire a local manager.

What are the property taxes? 

No income tax for you when you relocate in TN right?

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »
I'm sure 20 GATR members would like in and would pay $81.83 a month each for a 2.45% share! Split all other expenses. Hire a local manager.

I'm out.

$1k a year for a place that's 6 hours away, or ~$50 per weekend if I showed up and pay to wheel like everyone else. Doubt I'd make the drive 20 times a year to break even at that rate

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
Wish it was closer. 

Current interest rates should make this possible for you with low interest financing.   Loan of 700,000 (you might have to establish residency) at $3340 a month.  Incorporate, keep 51% for 100% control, you have all of the voting shares lol , start selling shares....You'll pay 51% of the payment ($1703, only 42 vehicle days @ $40/day)) and I'm sure 20 GATR members would like in and would pay $81.83 a month each for a 2.45% share! Split all other expenses. Hire a local manager.

Doug, you need to change your logo to a minivan!

One of our thoughts is to relocate there. Set up a residence and Sherry would act as the Park Manager. I have a neighbor that has his basement completely finished for a live in, we would rent that to have a place here while I work during the week. Not sure if the park could ever generate enough cash to where it could be a full time job.

I haven't thought about selling shares. I was thinking on something like a deer lease. $1000 for 2 yrs and or $500 for one yr. That would include unlimited trips along with primitive camping. This would probably benefit the locals more than anyone. When you take into consideration, ATV's, motor cycles and SXS's this could generate a healthy cash flow up front.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
Wish it was closer. 

Doug, you need to change your logo to a minivan!

One of our thoughts is to relocate there. Set up a residence and Sherry would act as the Park Manager. I have a neighbor that has his basement completely finished for a live in, we would rent that to have a place here while I work during the week. Not sure if the park could ever generate enough cash to where it could be a full time job.

I haven't thought about selling shares. I was thinking on something like a deer lease. $1000 for 2 yrs and or $500 for one yr. That would include unlimited trips along with primitive camping. This would probably benefit the locals more than anyone. When you take into consideration, ATV's, motor cycles and SXS's this could generate a healthy cash flow up front.

A huge benefit of a few locals that come often is being notified quickly if something is wrong, like burst pipes, structural damage from trees etc.

Gulches ORP has a few "rangers" that work part of a day then ride the rest for free. Usually they run through the trails and clear them and do some of the easy work that's just time consuming

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2019, 09:47:58 AM »
I'm sure 20 GATR members would like in and would pay $81.83 a month each for a 2.45% share! Split all other expenses. Hire a local manager.

I'm out.

$1k a year for a place that's 6 hours away, or ~$50 per weekend if I showed up and pay to wheel like everyone else. Doubt I'd make the drive 20 times a year to break even at that rate

Change up the numbers a bit and a membership or loyalty program might make sense for more people. It’d be cool to do a scaling membership fee based on location. For example $200/yr if you live X miles away, $500/yr for locals etc. It would be interesting to run the park for a bit and analyze the data rather than just handwritten sign-in.

I’d like to see the financials for Rousch. We happily paid $50 per day + membership and the place was packed....and it rained.
Jay

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2019, 09:52:01 AM »
As far as a work around for the insurance on the "structures ".
I'd level them all except the huge pavillion. Keep it for weddings.
I'd "allow" folks to bring in their own campers or tiny houses & let them leave them there in exchange for "lot rent". You could also rent them out for them & charge them a maintenance fee.
The owners of the camper/tiby house would cover the insurance on their own.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
Depending on plots and head counts I think your number on deer leases is low.  I have a co worker that runs one lease (Hunt club)  they have 10 or 12 members each paying about $1550/ year. The actual lease is 1248 acres @$15/acre. The club pays for the plots and carries liability insurance in case of any accidents. The track and or trails might need to be shut down on some days for hunting.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
I'd "allow" folks to bring in their own campers or tiny houses & let them leave them there in exchange for "lot rent". You could also rent them out for them & charge them a maintenance fee.

That is some good thinking Dave!

The "lots" wouldn't cost much to build.  Concrete or gravel pad with RV hook ups.  You'd need water/septic for the tiny houses though.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 12:41:36 PM »

That is some good thinking Dave!

The "lots" wouldn't cost much to build.  Concrete or gravel pad with RV hook ups.  You'd need water/septic for the tiny houses though.
The tiny houses could be strategically located near a bath house & either lock up the bathroom or turn it into a storage room/bedroom.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »
I donated for the shower build at AOP.

Chuck to help you with your down payment on the loan, I will gift you $50. That helps get you close enough to go through with the purchase right?  lmao

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 03:10:33 PM »
I would donut as well. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM