BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: NOVEMBER 15th - 17th: ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)  (Read 3924 times)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: NOVEMBER 15th - 17th: ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:41 AM »
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »
Worse case, if no one brings a grill, there is a wal mart 10 min away. 
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
Count me in!  Planning to be there before noon tomorrow, but probably not by 9.  I'm going to camp.  I know it's late notice for the BBQ, but I'm in if it's not too late.  What can I bring?

Packing lots of blankets and my heater buddy and my thermals and gloves and an extra hat and, and...  cuz BRRRRRR.

Right there with you, but I don’t have a heater buddy.  At least we can build a fire this time, unlike a Gulches a few years ago when where 10 of us were under a pop up canopy with tarps on the side and a heater buddy in the middle
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
  • Jeep addicted since 2000
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »

Yes, just me.  And, you can probably count me out of the chicken hearts...those got me a little skeered. :-D

At least try one, I did some BBQs at home for some neighbors and they are now new fans of grilled Picanha, cheese Coalho, and Chicken hearts (after several ugly faces when I said "chicken hearts")... :-)
I prepare it before with garlic, salt and little of pepper, and some mayonnaise / garlic when grilling to avoid getting dry.
Carlos Lobo
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 4x4 Limited - Barbie Commuter :-)
JK 2008 Rubicon: 3.5 Rock Krawler lift, Falcon 3.2 Shocks, 5.38 Gears, Front and Rear Truss, Chromoly shafts, 39" BF KM3 w/ beadlocks, 9.5k winch

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2019, 10:27:00 AM »
Worse case, if no one brings a grill, there is a wal mart 10 min away.

Yes, that's my plan. I'm just avoiding buying things to be used once and adding more stuff in my garage.
Carlos Lobo
JK 2008 Rubicon: 3.5 Rock Krawler lift, Falcon 3.2 Shocks, 5.38 Gears, Front and Rear Truss, Chromoly shafts, 39" BF KM3 w/ beadlocks, 9.5k winch

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »
Count me in!  Planning to be there before noon tomorrow, but probably not by 9.  I'm going to camp.  I know it's late notice for the BBQ, but I'm in if it's not too late.  What can I bring?

Packing lots of blankets and my heater buddy and my thermals and gloves and an extra hat and, and...  cuz BRRRRRR.

Not too late, I will buy everything late evening today or tomorrow morning.

Guys, can you please confirm the number of people is correct?

Friday's evening BBQ updated list:

@Carlos LOBO x1
@Trailabite   x3
@TravisMac  x1
@clark123456 x1
@kvom x1
@Cannonballkev x1
@RedDragonATL  x1

Total: 9 people

Trailabite confirmed - I'm in for some hearts.......maybe......as long as I don't think about it......
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2019, 11:25:03 AM »
Hi Guys,

Changing the subject to the Trail Bag List, I really like to go to trails very well prepared but I just bought this jeep last weekend and I'm in a busy week at work, so I will not have the time to have all the complete set of tools, things and spare parts as I was used before in Brazil. Also, I would like to buy it calmy.

I will go with a rescue kit of 4x D-rings, 2 recovery straps, 1 tree saver, Gloves, Snatch Block. I tested my winch and it is OK, the remote control is inside the car w/ battery. I will also put in a small bag some tools I have at home, and will bring the 2 OEM driveshafts the ex-owner gave me.

I would like to know if it is an issue, or I can follow someone well equipped with tools, so if something happens I can count on using it.
Carlos Lobo

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
Hi Guys,

Changing the subject to the Trail Bag List, I really like to go to trails very well prepared but I just bought this jeep last weekend and I'm in a busy week at work, so I will not have the time to have all the complete set of tools, things and spare parts as I was used before in Brazil. Also, I would like to buy it calmy.

I will go with a rescue kit of 4x D-rings, 2 recovery straps, 1 tree saver, Gloves, Snatch Block. I tested my winch and it is OK, the remote control is inside the car w/ battery. I will also put in a small bag some tools I have at home, and will bring the 2 OEM driveshafts the ex-owner gave me.

I would like to know if it is an issue, or I can follow someone well equipped with tools, so if something happens I can count on using it.

Nothing wrong with being prepared! But, there will be plenty of tools, hands, beer, advice if and when needed.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
Ice cream?

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
I'll go to the Hampton to clean up after riding and can shop/bring anything back we're missing for dinner.

Shame on you "chickenhearted" guys. 
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

Nothing wrong with being prepared! But, there will be plenty of tools, hands, beer, advice if and when needed.

In Brazil, I was famous in the Jeep club for being the guy almost bringing a complete repair shop inside my jeep, 90% never was used, but was there just in case. :-)

When I sold my ex-TJ, I gave as a gift a big box full of spare parts to the new owner, the guy smiled from ear to ear...
Carlos Lobo

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM