BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thanksgiving trip  (Read 408 times)

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
Re: Thanksgiving trip
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »
we may be interested in meeting somewhere, we have a $1k build and not near as experienced as most of you but my son is learning and having fun working on things...

There is a ride at most every park this weekend. Get out and enjoy it.
Marty

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »
There is rides planned for that weekend at many parks. Hawk pride will be full. I plan on Morris for the weekend.
Come out and ride. [beer] [slammin]

That's true! I was just thinking about GATR rides lol. Although, coming from IL you have SMORR's and Flat Nasty that are closer.

I did hit Flat Nasty a weekend last month and SMORR for a few hours it was a good time.  Some buddies are doing SMORR this weekend but I obviously can't make that one either.

You also have the badlands over in Indiana.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Vince9700

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »
So I'm planning on making the trip down to Morris Mountain, weather permitting a couple of decent days to wheel.  The Badlands in Indiana is not too far from me and a nice park with a wide range of terrain.  Truly has something for everybody.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 09:54:36 PM »
So I'm planning on making the trip down to Morris Mountain, weather permitting a couple of decent days to wheel.  The Badlands in Indiana is not too far from me and a nice park with a wide range of terrain.  Truly has something for everybody.

Morris is small, and if it dry and you're built well it's easily a one day park. The good news is that there is another park 40 minutes away from Morris named Choccolocco Mountain ORV. If you have 2 days to wheel, you can hit both parks.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 09:55:55 PM »

Morris is small, and if it dry and you're built well it's easily a one day park. The good news is that there is another park 40 minutes away from Morris named Choccolocco Mountain ORV. If you have 2 days to wheel, you can hit both parks.
Chocco is better this time around since it is going to rain this week...and morris will not dry out in time.  Chocco has a better chance of drying out.

There will be folks at both parks.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »
I’ll be riding at Morris Mtn for the annual ride, getting there early Friday.

Offline Vince9700

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on Choccolocco.  Good to know xjcrawler.  I'm just going to show up and see if I can find a group to jump in with.  I'll probably be the only blue TJ with Illinois plates down there.

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
  • Jeep addicted since 2000
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »
I'm planning for tomorrow riding at 5313 Offroad Park in Calhoun GA, which seems like only 58 miles from my home in Smyrna.

Do you know this park? any comments?

Cheers.
Carlos Lobo
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 4x4 Limited - Barbie Commuter :-)
JK 2008 Rubicon: 3.5 Rock Krawler lift, Falcon 3.2 Shocks, 5.38 Gears, Front and Rear Truss, Chromoly shafts, 39" BF KM3 w/ beadlocks, 9.5k winch

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM