OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Turkey time - post up your favorites

(1/4) > >>

BigMike:
My wife and I are hosting her family for Thanksgiving.  We've probably only prepared Thanksgiving dinner 5 times in the 18 years we've been married.  My wife is a great cook and I suck at it, but can follow directions. 

Never brined a turkey.  What is the best way.  I assume it is to lock in the moisture.

My wife is a cornbread stuff and I like regular so we do both.  I grew up in a very Italian family and it always has sausage in it.  She thinks that is gross.  We'll have the usual mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, something green (she won't make a green bean casserole).

Post up your favorite dishes that you make and if you have any special recipes or tips, please share.

EDIT: Friend just sent me this https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/recipes/by-product/bacon/bacon-wrapped-herb-roasted-turkey

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

thetastelingers:
We just put our turkey in a brine last night. Sooner is better than later. Some sort of Burbon mixture.

My wife did it all. I just poured the brine mix in...
We used one of the LARGE ziplock bags from Walmart

Public house brines their chicken in SWEET TEA!!!! I was giving my wife shit yesterday for not using sweet tea...

clark123456:

--- Quote from: thetastelingers on November 25, 2019, 11:23:10 AM ---We just put our turkey in a brine last night. Sooner is better than later. Some sort of Burbon mixture.

Public house brines their chicken in SWEET TEA!!!! I was giving my wife shit yesterday for not using sweet tea...

--- End quote ---
yeah...and potentially wasting bourbon.  Definitely interested in the results (e.g., PM your address...I'll be over in the afternoon).

thetastelingers:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on November 25, 2019, 01:22:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: thetastelingers on November 25, 2019, 11:23:10 AM ---We just put our turkey in a brine last night. Sooner is better than later. Some sort of Burbon mixture.

--- End quote ---
yeah...and potentially wasting bourbon.  Definitely interested in the results (e.g., PM your address...I'll be over in the afternoon).

--- End quote ---

Come on over! Should I save the brine mixture for you? We'll have the funnel ready.

tcdawg:
I use this type of brine w the citrus
 But I also add some brown sugar

A brined turkey is damn good.  You can bake it, smoke it, fry it.  All are good

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/turkey_brine/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version