BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Beasley Knob  (Read 520 times)

47knucklehead

Beasley Knob
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
  Hey Guys,
  Wanted to introduce my wife, Carolyn to trail riding this weekend. Found this trail on internet.  Though, well this would be a nice easy breakin trail riding for her on Saturday and then take her to tallico on Sunday for the heavy stuff.  Man, was I wrong. These trails are awsome! Stright up and stright down. We went ahead and stayed in Blairsville sat nite and rode them again Sunday. Was able to ride about 80% of the trails. Had to pull 2 Stock jeeps that bottomed out on hills and rocks. One guy even had a SUV trying to climb a stright up hill with rocks. He got next to a tree and put a big dent on his drivers side rear quarter pannel. You meet all kinds out there.
  Mark

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
Re: Beasley Knob
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
I'm with ya.  Beasley gets no love, but I like it a lot.  Also, since it's not a popular as Tellico, it's generally not crowded.

47knucklehead

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »
I'm with ya.  Beasley gets no love, but I like it a lot.  Also, since it's not a popular as Tellico, it's generally not crowded.

That is correct Dave, There were not many people there. Around 20 ohv on sat. and around 5 on Sunday. Got myself into a couple close calls getting stuck. Went up one trail that I believe is for atv only. It was very tight with sharp curves and just wide enough to get  the CJ through. Stright up a mountian, and I mean stright up. Got to the top and people had been stacking rocks about 8' tall. Went down the other side and that was worse then going up. The whole time I was thinking S*#t, I wish I had a wench. At the bottom, the trail went up a hudge hill and then went stright down. I desided to turn around at the to and back track. Man, I was glad to get off that one trail. The CJ did GREAT and just bulldozed her way up and down.

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:20 AM »
we had a group ride at Beasley about a year ago. very fun place indeed and I plan to get back to it one day. The trails for ATVs should be marked on those little signs so just watch for it.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
I like Beasley also and it is a pretty easy day trip.
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »
I like Beasley also and it is a pretty easy day trip.

Unless it is wet. Then you lose a mirror or two.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
So how did the wife like it?! I bet you have some new handprints in your dash! :D
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM