BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Caffine and Octane Sunday, January 5th Jeep Takeover... Any interest?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
Re: Caffine and Octane Sunday, January 5th Jeep Takeover... Any interest?
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2020, 12:08:49 PM »
@ACGiddens @tcdawg

There's something called the car club corral for clubs to reserve space for up to 50 cars. Is this what you all are talking about?

If not should we try and get a reserved area for all of us?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What I was asking about was people submitting to be in the central area. They put out on socials a few weeks ago to submit your rig to be featured in the main (Central) lot.

I think it's important to remember this is not one of our scheduled Club rides/events, So let's not get hung up on to many semantics for this. If you want to come to see some cool vehicles and hang out, come on. No one need's to get bummed out if you cant be parked with everyone. This club is about hitting the trails and I didn't/don't expect members or Staff to go over and beyond for a show and shine. Just thought it might be cool since they were a calling for Jeeps this month.

I will the there around 6AM and will get the GATR EZ UP set up to help people spot us.

I will keep you all updated on what i hear back from caffeine and octane on reserved spots, but lets not put all our eggs in that basket.
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline wiffle9

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

I have sent an email to them to see if we should/need to.

Figure if we want to get all parked together then we need to plan to be there butt crack of dawn. I was planning on being there around 6AM dropping the jeep and going to find some breakfast somewhere.

C&O rule is your supposed to drive your Jeep there. No trailer queens.

If you want breakfast you better bring it.

The first year I  remember Don brought biscuits.
Last year Chuck and Sherry brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

There's a MacDonald's on the other side of the Mall but its usually packed out.

We usually park in the general club lot but since they have moved its hard to visualize where to meet.

I think we should pick a CB channel and a GATR Race Radio Channel and or a list of phone numbers?

Weather is supposed to be clear and cold per usual.

Thoughts?

The gate pass I was emailed said that if you trailer, that you need to unload in the spectator parking lot. It’s not that it can’t make the trip, it’s that I’m not driving in the dark, on 285, with no top, and no heat for any reason,that I could come up with.
Clay, Nichole, Aaron, and Myles

Stretched M38

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »

I have sent an email to them to see if we should/need to.

Figure if we want to get all parked together then we need to plan to be there butt crack of dawn. I was planning on being there around 6AM dropping the jeep and going to find some breakfast somewhere.

C&O rule is your supposed to drive your Jeep there. No trailer queens.

If you want breakfast you better bring it.

The first year I  remember Don brought biscuits.
Last year Chuck and Sherry brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

There's a MacDonald's on the other side of the Mall but its usually packed out.

We usually park in the general club lot but since they have moved its hard to visualize where to meet.

I think we should pick a CB channel and a GATR Race Radio Channel and or a list of phone numbers?

Weather is supposed to be clear and cold per usual.

Thoughts?

The gate pass I was emailed said that if you trailer, that you need to unload in the spectator parking lot. It’s not that it can’t make the trip, it’s that I’m not driving in the dark, on 285, with no top, and no heat for any reason,that I could come up with.

I have used a trailer and had vehicles towed in multiple times you should not have any issues.
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline ILOVEDIRT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »

I think it's important to remember this is not one of our scheduled Club rides/events, So let's not get hung up on to many semantics for this. If you want to come to see some cool vehicles and hang out, come on. No one need's to get bummed out if you cant be parked with everyone. This club is about hitting the trails and I didn't/don't expect members or Staff to go over and beyond for a show and shine. Just thought it might be cool since they were a calling for Jeeps this month.

I will the there around 6AM and will get the GATR EZ UP set up to help people spot us.

I will keep you all updated on what i hear back from caffeine and octane on reserved spots, but lets not put all our eggs in that basket.
[/quote]

Sounds like the nicest way to say quit acting like "Jeeple"
Drew Mumford

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2020, 05:10:53 PM »
What time are we meeting and where?

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

[/quote]

Haha

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »

[/quote]
Jeep wave sticker would look real nice on your truck
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline ILOVEDIRT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2020, 10:01:14 PM »

Jeep wave sticker would look real nice on your truck
[/quote]

Let's not get this build blown out of proportion. Although if I got a big enough sticker it might cover up part of the dent(s)....
Drew Mumford

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2020, 11:23:30 AM »
Has anyone already submitted and been accepted for C&O's reserved spots already?

Me.  Wes, John D and Jay as well. 

Anyone who has not submitted and/or have not been accepted for the Central Lot(main area) and would like to be in central lot with us please PM me First Name Last Name and a good Email Address so C&O can get gate passes sent out.

- edit: made a check in thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:43:02 AM by ACGiddens »
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline Carlos LOBO

• Visitor
  • Jeep addicted since 2000
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »
Sent you a PM.

:-)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Carlos Lobo
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 4x4 Limited - Barbie Commuter :-)
JK 2008 Rubicon: 3.5 Rock Krawler lift, Falcon 3.2 Shocks, 5.38 Gears, Front and Rear Truss, Chromoly shafts, 39" BF KM3 w/ beadlocks, 9.5k winch

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2020, 08:28:06 AM »
Pm’ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2020, 09:28:27 AM »
I sent in for everyone who has sent me the information last night, @Jango I did just submit yours as well she had replied to me just 30min prior to me sending yours saying the others have been sent out so unless they are at complete max capacity I think they should be able to squeeze one more. I'll let you know if she replies.

Also want to make sure if you are replying to this post or did not read the check thread, that you see the additional information I put in the Check-In.

IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE CENTRAL LOT(MAIN AREA) PM ME NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS FOR C&O TO SEND GATE PASS... GATES OPEN AS EARLY AS 6:30AM BE THERE NO LATER THAN 7:15AM... DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO STAY UNTIL THE SHOW IS OVER AT 11:00AM... EARLY EXIT IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE CENTRAL LOT... THE SHOW CONTINUES RAIN OR SHINE... ALL OTHERS SHOULD PARK IN SPECTATOR PARKING.

You do not need a pass to attend the event, only to be in the main central lot. So if you did not get a pass come out anyways and hang out and have a good time. She said they have had a massive interest from this so there should a great turn out!
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM