BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2020  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
For those looking to switch or try Vegetarian/Vegan way of life check out show on Netflix called The Game Changer!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it. They did exactly what they were saying the meat market does by hiring athletes to promote their products lol. However, it does make you think though. It would be really cool if some medical science group that's not dependent on financial support  from our government or Monsanto would do some real life studies with actual results.

Interesting Rogan podcasts recently on this. One guest came on to debunk it, then had another podcast including a producer of "The Game Changer" to debate it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:07:50 AM by Raisinhead »
Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

lmao lmao lmao

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 01:52:00 PM »
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them so damn tasty.

lmao lmao lmao
Fixed

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

lmao lmao lmao

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to eliminate all meat but, I do need to cut back on it. I'm the type that likes a 16oz steak and maybe 2 pieces of asparagus on my plate.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
I think more of you guys should go all vegan or plant only diet.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll help take any tempting meat off your hands.
Jay

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
I think more of you guys should go all vegan or plant only diet.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll help take any tempting meat off your hands.

You can leave my meat alone!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
For those looking to switch or try Vegetarian/Vegan way of life check out show on Netflix called The Game Changer!!!!!

Watched it. They did exactly what they were saying the meat market does by hiring athletes to promote their products lol. However, it does make you think though. It would be really cool if some medical science group that's not dependent on financial support  from our government or Monsanto would do some real life studies with actual results.

Interesting Rogan podcasts recently on this. One guest came on to debunk it, then had another podcast including a producer of "The Game Changer" to debate it.

There's no doubt that getting rid of most meat and dairy especially red meat will help with blood flow and heart conditioning Mike.

I highly recommend watching Game Changers and listening to the podcast Jay brought up. This is of course for the guys that think you will have some sort of lack of nutrition.

If you want to do it for the animals watch : Cowspiracy

Chuck the athletes aren't just being paid to be on a 30 second commercial, they're actual vegans and they're high performance athletes. It's not like Babe Ruth telling people it's safer to smoke Camels lol.

I actually didn't even know what the word vegan meant until I was on the drive home from a GATR ride and my wife called and said she was going vegan because of some shit she read that was in food we always eat. She told me a few things to google and I called back 20 minutes later and told her I'd do it too. I've been vegan for over 6 years and feel better than ever. I'm the same size that I was at 30 y/o (6'1.5/193) except in better shape, run faster, and have more energy.

/>
-

Can one of you vegans or vegetarian types provide a sample of a weekly food plan? I'm thinking on leaning more towards a plant based diet but having an extremely hard time putting together a food plan getting daily protein of 180 to 200 g. Calorie intake around 2200 per day.

These items are out:

No dairy
No gluten
No soy

Here are a few things from my fridge. I had sausage spaghetti last night for dinner, bagel w/ cream cheese this morning, roast beef sandwich for lunch today, and I think we're having Cheese burgers tonight. It's not like it used to be when we started. There are vegan options at almost every restaurant and grocery store we go to. It's not super easy, but that just depends on how dedicated you are.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:12:58 PM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
A little motivation if you're thinking about starting to run this year.

These New Year’s Running Resolutions Will Motivate Your 2020 Runs

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/g30347729/new-years-running-resolutions-2020/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_rnw&utm_medium=email&date=123119&utm_campaign=nl18960145&src=nl
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2020, 09:47:20 AM »
A little motivation if you're thinking about starting to run this year.

These New Year’s Running Resolutions Will Motivate Your 2020 Runs

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/g30347729/new-years-running-resolutions-2020/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_rnw&utm_medium=email&date=123119&utm_campaign=nl18960145&src=nl
I plan or run more this year. Bought running shoes on black friday. I've been waiting to wear them because they usually smoke my calves because of the type of shoe (they are newton's and newton's have raised lugs that put you on the ball of your feet thus working your calves more.) until I've ran some.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »
I think I mentioned this in the 2019 thread but anyway I’m a big believer in Orangetheory Fitness. Not the least expensive option out there but it’s a great workout, something different everyday, someone tells you what to do, and there are studios all over. If you travel for work like I do you can go to any studio with the top level membership, so I’m able to stay at it on the road. I’ve run several half marathons and just got burned out on distance running, OTF is high intensity interval but I still get in 3 miles regularly and can run a 10k no problem even though I never run that distance.

I’m also a big fan of a “Paleo” type diet, primarily focusing on lean protein (fish, poultry, pork, eggs with occasional red meat) and lots of veggies and some fruits. No carbs or added sugar. Stay on the perimeter of the grocery store and eat whole foods, nothing processed. Fruit, nuts, lara bars for snacks. It can be tough especially with sugar being in everything we eat and carbs so prevalent. I have the hardest time with lunch. I can eat eggs, bacon, and fruit for breakfast, meat and veggies for dinner, but finding something easy that fits for lunch can be a challenge. I’ve found some ways to do it though and sometimes I just have to man up and cook chicken and broccoli for lunch on the weekends. I usually give myself one cheat day a week too. And beer...my biggest issue with the low carbs since I love IPAs.

I’ve been slacking a bit on both these things but getting back on track currently.  For about three months in 2019 when I started the paleo thing and was working out 4x a week I felt amazing. Slimmed down quick too.

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2020, 10:26:24 PM »
Just to understand when you say no carbs but then list fruits and veggies, which are loaded with carbs; are you referring to processed carbs more or less?

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2020, 06:47:32 AM »
Just to understand when you say no carbs but then list fruits and veggies, which are loaded with carbs; are you referring to processed carbs more or less?

Yes. No bread, pasta, added sugar, etc. I try to lean towards the vegetables and keep the fruits to a minimum but don’t worry too much about it.

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM