BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2020  (Read 2910 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »
I do basic , elementary yoga each day for 15min
. I eat twice & reasonably, almost never after 7pm. I do 100 situps , thorough stretching & then walk 2 miles -minimum-  each evening after dinner.
I sprint jog the final 1/4 mile uphill.

I have never stopped skating. My age has dictated that I not beat my knees up as I am older so I began freeride longboarding 10 years ago & continue to do so at any opportunity.

My family's New Year's resolution in 2016 was to walk the 2 miles with me each night. They stuck to it & we still walk together  every eve. (They won't go if raining like I will. ).

my wife is using a keto-derivitive diet combined w the above walking to lose weight. in 6 months she has dropped just at 23lb w/ 30 lb being her goal.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:36:01 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
I picked up long boarding earlier this year since everything in our new neighborhood is walk, bike, skate, distance. I go a few times a week with my boy. We really enjoy it! Great way to spend time together and get a nice workout in. I try and go in the evenings to burn off dinner lol
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2020, 12:45:37 PM »
Just to understand when you say no carbs but then list fruits and veggies, which are loaded with carbs; are you referring to processed carbs more or less?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yes. No bread, pasta, added sugar, etc. I try to lean towards the vegetables and keep the fruits to a minimum but don’t worry too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, my wife has been Paleo for almost 10 years now. And she stays away from gluten, dairy and soy as well. I typically eat whatever she makes but, I still eat breads, chips, dairy and drink the alcohol. I need to make the effort to stay away from the crap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
"my wife is using a keto-derivitive diet combined w the above walking to lose weight. in 6 months she has dropped just at 23lb w/ 30 lb being her goal.'

I tried the keto diet when I first started doing crossfit. I made it just a little over 14 weeks before I crashed. The keto diet doesn't provide enough carbs for a high intensity workout. It still a good way to start though.

Chuck & Sherry

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »
I picked up long boarding earlier this year since everything in our new neighborhood is walk, bike, skate, distance. I go a few times a week with my boy. We really enjoy it! Great way to spend time together and get a nice workout in. I try and go in the evenings to burn off dinner lol

thays great. Danny.
it's good excersize.

they street sweep the neighborhood we live in and it is out on the Western edge of the Cumberland basin that Nashville sits down in - about 15 miles away - so long,clean,sweeping hills thru it. I ,too, go in evenings when I can see cars & less people to see me bust my *ss, lol.
🤙🏻
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:27:34 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
"my wife is using a keto-derivitive diet combined w the above walking to lose weight. in 6 months she has dropped just at 23lb w/ 30 lb being her goal.'

I tried the keto diet when I first started doing crossfit. I made it just a little over 14 weeks before I crashed. The keto diet doesn't provide enough carbs for a high intensity workout. It still a good way to start though.

yeah , same discovery by wife is why she adds slightly more carbs with each meal but well before dark & that way she feels like getting excersize. I know what you mean by crashing after seeing her go thru same.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
Not starting the year off how I wanted. Went to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday and I get another acl reconstruction on the 31st for my right knee. Makes the 5th knee surgery and second attempt on getting my acl correct on my right knee. 6 months of rehab to follow. Depending on how much he works on my knee, could be on crutches for up to 4 weeks.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
After consulting with my Bible, I have concluded that I cannot be vegan!

Romans 12:2

"One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only."
Chuck & Sherry

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »
Not starting the year off how I wanted. Went to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday and I get another acl reconstruction on the 31st for my right knee. Makes the 5th knee surgery and second attempt on getting my acl correct on my right knee. 6 months of rehab to follow. Depending on how much he works on my knee, could be on crutches for up to 4 weeks.

damn Tripp
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »

damn Tripp

Are all of these failed surgeries from the same orthopedic surgeon?
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
I was just reading what items the Roswell Recycling Center would accept. Did you know that they consider vegetable oil to be a household hazardous waste?
Chuck & Sherry

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2020, 11:40:16 AM »
I was just reading what items the Roswell Recycling Center would accept. Did you know that they consider vegetable oil to be a household hazardous waste?
Roswell or California?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM