BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2020  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2020, 11:55:13 AM »
Not starting the year off how I wanted. Went to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday and I get another acl reconstruction on the 31st for my right knee. Makes the 5th knee surgery and second attempt on getting my acl correct on my right knee. 6 months of rehab to follow. Depending on how much he works on my knee, could be on crutches for up to 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

damn Tripp

Are all of these failed surgeries from the same orthopedic surgeon?
Not exactly.

- 98' (going into freshmen highschool) - tore left acl and did a scope to clean it up. No replacement because they went through your growth plates and didnt want mely leg to stop growing.

- 1/05' - left acl reconstruction

- 5/05' -  bone spur rubbing on acl but acl is ok on left knee

9/16' - right acl reconstruction

They used a cadaver ligaments in both knees but it seems like rhe right knee did not take as well, or I did something, who knows. This time they will use my own ligment right above my knee which will work better because the body will like it better. He did say that he would put the acl a little over to the side more on my right knee this time. Also using a different doctor for this round. 98' - 05' surgeries were down in Albany and that would be a long ride in a car to come back up here after surgery.

I spent a lot of time fussing about my right knee to the doctor that did it because I felt it was never right. I would have believed him, that everything was ok if I had not had my left knee worked on a lot already.

Right now, my right knee doesn't have a lot of stability. I would rather just fix it despite the pain surgery causes and the rehab. I have no pain at all and can run on a tread mill, but I can not move fast to the right. Left knee is still great.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »
Not starting the year off how I wanted. Went to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday and I get another acl reconstruction on the 31st for my right knee. Makes the 5th knee surgery and second attempt on getting my acl correct on my right knee. 6 months of rehab to follow. Depending on how much he works on my knee, could be on crutches for up to 4 weeks.

damn Tripp

Not exactly.

- 98' (going into freshmen highschool) - tore left acl and did a scope to clean it up. No replacement because they went through your growth plates and didnt want mely leg to stop growing.

They used a cadaver ligaments in both knees but it seems like rhe right knee did not take as well, or I did something, who knows. This time they will use my own ligment right above my knee which will work better because the body will like it better. He did say that he would put the acl a little over to the side more on my right knee this time. Also using a different doctor for this round. 98' - 05' surgeries were down in Albany and that would be a long ride in a car to come back up here after surgery.

I spent a lot of time fussing about my right knee to the doctor that did it because I felt it was never right. I would have believed him, that everything was ok if I had not had my left knee worked on a lot already.

Right now, my right knee doesn't have a lot of stability. I would rather just fix it despite the pain surgery causes and the rehab. I have no pain at all and can run on a tread mill, but I can not move fast to the right. Left knee is still great.

Dang! Good luck, I hope they get it right this time and it sticks lol.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2020, 12:57:19 PM »
I blame all of that running you do. Its supposed to be hell on the knees & ankles.
Luckily,  I'll never know!
I do need to start some type of regiment.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2020, 06:49:45 AM »

damn Tripp

Not exactly.

Dang! Good luck, I hope they get it right this time and it sticks lol.

^X2 me too.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:43 AM »
For those looking to switch or try Vegetarian/Vegan way of life check out show on Netflix called The Game Changer!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it. They did exactly what they were saying the meat market does by hiring athletes to promote their products lol. However, it does make you think though. It would be really cool if some medical science group that's not dependent on financial support  from our government or Monsanto would do some real life studies with actual results.

Interesting Rogan podcasts recently on this. One guest came on to debunk it, then had another podcast including a producer of "The Game Changer" to debate it.

There's no doubt that getting rid of most meat and dairy especially red meat will help with blood flow and heart conditioning Mike.

I highly recommend watching Game Changers and listening to the podcast Jay brought up. This is of course for the guys that think you will have some sort of lack of nutrition.

If you want to do it for the animals watch : Cowspiracy

Chuck the athletes aren't just being paid to be on a 30 second commercial, they're actual vegans and they're high performance athletes. It's not like Babe Ruth telling people it's safer to smoke Camels lol.

I actually didn't even know what the word vegan meant until I was on the drive home from a GATR ride and my wife called and said she was going vegan because of some shit she read that was in food we always eat. She told me a few things to google and I called back 20 minutes later and told her I'd do it too. I've been vegan for over 6 years and feel better than ever. I'm the same size that I was at 30 y/o (6'1.5/193) except in better shape, run faster, and have more energy.

/>
-

I finally found time to watch this podcast. My opinion, what a waste of 4 hours. James spent all of his time trying to discredit Kresser instead of providing facts to support his or the movies claims. Kresser is a very poor debater and James should be a politician. I couldn't even finish watching it. It really threw me off when Kresser tried to make the statement that farm animals are not being fed B12, it's common knowledge. He's a certified nutritionist with over 20 some odd years of experience and for him to make this statement is just weird, almost like it was staged. Of course, that's just my opinion!

The only thing they both agreed was that a typical western (American) diet is crap lol. And when you compare either diet to a typical western diet you achieve huge positive results. But, when you compare a vegan diet to a vegetarian or clean eating diet the results are similar.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2020, 08:47:58 AM »
Finally got back into the gym this week. I think I worked through a heart attack yesterday. I can't believe how much the cardio goes away from being off for a few (6) months lol. I put about 7 pounds back on so now I'm back to needing to shed 45 pounds!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
Jay

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
I started back recording what Im eating which actually makes a difference.

Hit 300 on bench this week.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »
Finally got back into the gym this week. I think I worked through a heart attack yesterday. I can't believe how much the cardio goes away from being off for a few (6) months lol. I put about 7 pounds back on so now I'm back to needing to shed 45 pounds!

this .

I find one if the biggest changes in myself as I move beyond 5 decade mileage mark is how  much harder I have to work to "get-physically-bsck-in-shape-to-level-it-was-before" if I slack-off at all.

old adage , " don't use it & ya lose it." seems far more understandable now.

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
Kicked off the new year with two business trips a week each.  Got home Sunday the 12th with intentions of instilling discipline in eating and working out.  By Sunday night I was also really sick with the flu.  Great diet program.  Body cleanse, appetite suppressant, and no alcohol.  Three days of it and the worst was over but I was down almost 4lbs.  I used that as a springboard and carrying forward.  I was better by Friday and hit the gym Sat, Sun, Mon, ate right all weekend, and didn't touch any alcohol.  This morning I'm down a total of 7lbs. 

Since I haven't been to the gym much since June (heart), I'm pretty weak but have to lift light anyway.  It's really the 23 hours outside of the gym that matters most.  Goal is to get some muscle mass back and get weight at 215lbs.  I hit a high of 238 at Thanksgiving which is disgusting.  I want to do this as much for my health as feeling good.  It's time. 

DISCIPLINE!!!!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
It's really the 23 hours outside of the gym that matters most. 

This is the hardest part!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »
It's really the 23 hours outside of the gym that matters most. 

This is the hardest part!

DISCIPLINE!!!! it's what it all boils down to.  I haven't had any for 3 years.  I haven't wanted to say it out loud but the biggest blame is alcohol.  Too many extra calories and poor eating decisions when buzzed.  Not planning on giving it up but taking a break and then it will be occasional.  I was probably consuming 20 drinks a week. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM