BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2020  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
It's really the 23 hours outside of the gym that matters most. 

This is the hardest part!

DISCIPLINE!!!! it's what it all boils down to.  I haven't had any for 3 years.  I haven't wanted to say it out loud but the biggest blame is alcohol.  Too many extra calories and poor eating decisions when buzzed.  Not planning on giving it up but taking a break and then it will be occasional.  I was probably consuming 20 drinks a week. 

I'm with ya on the alcohol. I had 5 or 6 drinks Saturday night, which was the first drink that I had in several weeks. I'm on a 90 day trial run with no alcohol lol.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2020, 09:36:21 PM »
I lost 15 pounds in 30 days over the holidays on the stomach bug —> cold —> Gastritis diet, back to back to back. I don’t recommend it, but it was very effective.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2020, 05:43:46 AM »
I lost 15 pounds in 30 days over the holidays on the stomach bug —> cold —> Gastritis diet, back to back to back. I don’t recommend it, but it was very effective.
Cheater

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »
In October I was at 240 & got down to 210 in a month. No alcohol & stress will do it.
While I still drink I'm staying around 220.
I plan to start this week.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2020, 10:35:05 AM »
2nd week of getting back into crossfit and I gained a pound! Entertaining vendors 3 nights in one week might of had something to do with lol.

All I know is that I hate starting over, my entire body is sore  [lifting] [run1]
Chuck & Sherry

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:33 AM »
2nd week of getting back into crossfit and I gained a pound! Entertaining vendors 3 nights in one week might of had something to do with lol.

All I know is that I hate starting over, my entire body is sore  [lifting] [run1]

Where do you go to CrossFit.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »
I've been off of the booze and really starting to watch what I eat again this year. I CrossFit 4-6 times a week but been adding more time and intensity so far this year. I'm down 10 pounds so far from the 1st.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »

Where do you go to CrossFit.

Breaking Boundaries in Roswell.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:48 AM »
I know a few people there. I was just down there watching a friend compete there last weekend.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2020, 06:51:17 PM »
Another knee surgery in the books yesterday. I think this one hurts more due to taking a muscle out of my leg, right above my knee. Cannot use my quad at all to hold my knee due to the amount of pain.

Rehab starts monday. First time with a nerve block but it did pretty well. Ita all about positioning your knee just right to tolerate the pain. I get to watch koh all week...lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
Another knee surgery in the books yesterday. I think this one hurts more due to taking a muscle out of my leg, right above my knee. Cannot use my quad at all to hold my knee due to the amount of pain.

Rehab starts monday. First time with a nerve block but it did pretty well. Ita all about positioning your knee just right to tolerate the pain. I get to watch koh all week...lol

thoughts are with you , man.
.my son has had two k we surgery's and still has plates in both knees to control how they grow. it was horrid what he went thru. I empathize with your situation but can try to cheer you by reminding you that you're over the hump of the procedure.

prays about you , fast recovery & rehab.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »

thoughts are with you , man.
.my son has had two k we surgery's and still has plates in both knees to control how they grow. it was horrid what he went thru. I empathize with your situation but can try to cheer you by reminding you that you're over the hump of the procedure.

prays about you , fast recovery & rehab.
Appreciate it.

Anyone want something to watch on Netflix: check out Fastest Car. Pretty good

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM