BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: December 14th Charlie's Creek pictures and stories  (Read 692 times)

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: December 14th Charlie's Creek pictures and stories
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
You can do that ride in 2wd
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »
Hey guys and gals, new member here. Just looking at some of these past trips getting an eye for what kind of trails are common. Would this ride be more of an overlanding outing vs. an intermediate? Not looking at rock crawling or bashing up my new Jeep but this looks almost perfect. On this kind of trail do most of you guys just leave in 4Hi? Or ride in 4lo through entire trail?
This type of ride is pretty rare. Most of our outings are rock crawling at offroad parks  [cheers]

Come out to Morris Mtn. in February. Its a good park and there are by passes if your unsure.  Its a mix of rock crawling and trail riding and you can come out for just the day.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline KakalackyBoy

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Thanks for the replies. If these things didnt cost an arm and a leg I wouldnt mind taking it down some more challenging trails however Im afraid my JL sport on 37's is just one bad rock climb away from leaving me stranded in the woods.  [help]. When you guys go on your club rides are there beginner trails or anything that you can still ride without having to go extreme? Something more than just a service road?

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 04:28:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. If these things didnt cost an arm and a leg I wouldnt mind taking it down some more challenging trails however Im afraid my JL sport on 37's is just one bad rock climb away from leaving me stranded in the woods.  [help]. When you guys go on your club rides are there beginner trails or anything that you can still ride without having to go extreme? Something more than just a service road?

yes there are bypasses and green trails on every ride and in every park we go to.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »

Most off-road parks have trails for all skill levels. The ones we did this past weekend were not easy by any means for my TJ with 35" tires, but they were also some of the moderate to difficult trails at the park.

A friend of mine started doing some guided rides for people getting into off-roading and I think you may be a great candidate for it. I'll PM you his facebook page.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
Morris is a good park to start out on, just don't cross the bridge. Lol
AOP has even more trails for a beginner.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 04:26:17 AM »

EVERY ride we go on > there will be a drivers meeting then
we will split into groups easy, moderate, then hardcore.
You pick which one and there is never any pressure for you
to do more than your comfortable with....but when your ready
we can help make that happen. Catch a empty seat if there is
one with the hardcore group to see what that is like. Be fore
warned we're not responsible for the sudden urge to spend
thousands dollars on upgrades! It's totally up to you when
you want to move into the moderate group.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

if your on 37's you can roll over 90% of Morris Mtn.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 09:38:22 AM »

if your on 37's you can roll over 90% of Morris Mtn.
Unless it's rained lately, and then you're lucky to get out of the parking lot.

You can do a lot on 37s, and even more if you have lockers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »

if your on 37's you can navigate over 90% of Morris Mtn.
FIFY

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM