BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Critter getter recommendations  (Read 352 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Critter getter recommendations
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
Thanks, guys...my takeaway:  get more better cats, and maybe a fox...got it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »

Please yes

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 07:12:23 AM »
Breda pest control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 08:33:42 AM »

Seal up the holes where they are coming in with thick sheet metal or some expanded metal. If they have not all escaped, it won't be a problem after a few days. If you have a bird feeder or other such rodent attractant; remove it for a few days or place it near your property line next to your nearest neighbor. Your neighbors house will be a better home for them.
Squirrels have a small range of just a few acres and are territorial. Just like with thieves, you want to make your home least attractive. They will move on eventually.

I highly recommend a pellet gun. A neighbor told me he only pumps it 5 times, he thought it was stun mode. Until one started shaking when it hit the ground. He now pumps 10 times and tries to bury them before his wife finds out.

Just know if you get rid of all the squirrels you'll probably have more nuts around you. I know this from living in downtown Atlanta. The place is full of nuts.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
Just know if you get rid of all the squirrels you'll probably have more nuts around you.

Just confirmed - no squirrels on the forum

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 09:35:01 AM »
Just know if you get rid of all the squirrels you'll probably have more nuts around you.

So...you can have a bunch of nuts around you without squirrels being present...got it.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 09:40:03 AM »

So...you can have a bunch of nuts around you without squirrels being present...got it.

there's such a thing as too much nut talk and a fella oughta be aware of it
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »

Seal up the holes where they are coming in with thick sheet metal or some expanded metal. If they have not all escaped, it won't be a problem after a few days. If you have a bird feeder or other such rodent attractant; remove it for a few days or place it near your property line next to your nearest neighbor. Your neighbors house will be a better home for them.
Squirrels have a small range of just a few acres and are territorial. Just like with thieves, you want to make your home least attractive. They will move on eventually.

I highly recommend a pellet gun. A neighbor told me he only pumps it 5 times, he thought it was stun mode. Until one started shaking when it hit the ground. He now pumps 10 times and tries to bury them before his wife finds out.

Just know if you get rid of all the squirrels you'll probably have more nuts around you. I know this from living in downtown Atlanta. The place is full of nuts.
They'll be no talk of gun violence on this forum. It will not be tolerated.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »

They'll be no talk of gun violence on this forum. It will not be tolerated.
Racist

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline GMackey

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »
I used these guys to remove squirrels from my attic:  http://www.krazycritterremoval.com/

They repaired the damage and installed an extruder that lets the squirrels in your attic get out of the attic, but not get back in.  It's a one-way door.  Then when all of the squirrels were gone, the removed the extruder and patched up the hole.  They also offer to blow insulation in your attic if you need it (I did).

Squirrels will try to get into your attic and will chew through any weakened wood to get in.  So, I bought a pellet gun that can drop a squirrel with 1 shot with 1 pump.  I don't tell my wife about shooting the squirrels though. 

Whatever solution you go with, you must eliminate the opening into your attic or the problem will never go away. 
Greg - 2020 Gladiator

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM