BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rubicon maiden voyage  (Read 573 times)

BigJerm

Rubicon maiden voyage
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
So today kinda last minute decision I decided to drive up to Amicola state park to hit some trails. I only stalled once actually so not to bad at all. Kinda nice, put it in 4LO, put it in second gear and let off the clutch and it will drive itself. I only HAD to use the rear locker once but I was playing with the front and rear all day. I LOVE the sway bar disco!

I would have posted up but like i said, last minute and the roads are not very worth of modified rigs. I drove down the "hardest" road deemed by some, and then went back up and never once slipped or anything. There are lots of side trails there that look very established but I am not sure if they are legal or not. Heck most of the time you dont even need 4wd... The trails remind me of a mix of T1, T4, and the older T5 at tellico but mostly T1. There is some mud, today more because it had been raining this week but still not bad.

tgrt

Re: Rubicon maiden voyage
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »
I enjoy that type of wheeling.  It's relaxing, you get to see and enjoy the scenery, and rarely do you see people.

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »
I have to admit it was nice. I saw 2 other people the whole day. I took the long way in through Nimbelwell (sp) Gap Rd and although the road did not require 4wd it was a nice winding trail up the mountain with a creek running beside it. I turned off on Forest Rd 28D on the way back but soon discovered it is closed 30 feet past the creek crossing. I really want to start exploring more of the N. GA trails. Only other ones I really know are Rocky Flats ORV trail and Tatum Lead ORV both near Chatsworth.

RotorHead

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
Looks like you had a good bonding trip with your new ride.  {toast}

Kathleen and I rode the motorcycle up to Helen, drank a beer and rode back. It was a nice ride, but hotter than snot.

tgrt

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
Here's a link to some maps with a gross amount of detail.

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/maps/mvum/

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »
Use the same maps! Good to see a coat of dirt on it! Now it needs atleast a 2" BB.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
Very nice. I want to take a sunday drive up that way soon.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »
well the next time ill post up and maybe you can come along.

On a side note to Ben's comment. I found the 2.5" teraflex budget boost kit for like $249 on Northridge. It includes shock extension brackets to use the stock shocks. Megan says if they can beat the price at Truckfest I can get it and I wont have to sleep on the couch!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »
YES! Movin on up baby! ;D
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM