BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: That proud moment when ...  (Read 490 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: That proud moment when ...
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 06:05:48 PM »
My wife has her permit and is a good shot, but I dont think shes ever carried hers in public

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 07:11:21 PM »
I took my wife to the range one time. She immediately was disturbed by the fact that she felt like anyone could shoot anyone else at any time.  I didn’t really have a strong enough argument to change her mind.  So, No more range for my wife.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
I took my wife to the range one time. She immediately was disturbed by the fact that she felt like anyone could shoot anyone else at any time.  I didn’t really have a strong enough argument to change her mind.  So, No more range for my wife.
I feel the same way about a shooting range. I grew up shooting in the back yard. We did it once a year before deer season to make sure the scopes were still on. No stranger to being around guns but when it came to carrying it was a weird experience. I started by carrying a empty pistol around the house, then a full magazine & finally one on the chamber. This was all a graduated procedure. Carrying a loaded weapon with no safety was nerve wracking at first but you always remember to use the most important rule, finger off the trigger.
When we do get to the range it's just us, no on else.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 09:19:15 AM »
I feel the same way about a shooting range. I grew up shooting in the back yard. We did it once a year before deer season to make sure the scopes were still on. No stranger to being around guns but when it came to carrying it was a weird experience. I started by carrying a empty pistol around the house, then a full magazine & finally one on the chamber. This was all a graduated procedure. Carrying a loaded weapon with no safety was nerve wracking at first but you always remember to use the most important rule, finger off the trigger.

Id be willing to bet 80% or better that have their permit dont even carry everyday, and of the 20% that do, maybe 1% have formal training. Im 100% do wtf you want in life as long as it doesnt harm others or property,  but I have seen more than one negligent discharge, very poor handling, and have even left the range because of idiots. I am lucky and have my own range now so I dont have to deal with the public. Training is key, it needs to be pushed, but im not sure mandatory would ever fly. We all need to pay attention to SB 281 that was just stealthily introduced by a Commie in ATL back in December, which looks almost identical to California's garbage gun laws. 
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:59 AM »

Id be willing to bet 80% or better that have their permit dont even carry everyday, and of the 20% that do, maybe 1% have formal training. Im 100% do wtf you want in life as long as it doesnt harm others or property,  but I have seen more than one negligent discharge, very poor handling, and have even left the range because of idiots. I am lucky and have my own range now so I dont have to deal with the public. Training is key, it needs to be pushed, but im not sure mandatory would ever fly. We all need to pay attention to SB 281 that was just stealthily introduced by a Commie in ATL back in December, which looks almost identical to California's garbage gun laws. 

Well said.  I carry all of the time.  I get to the range about 6-7 times a year and mainly shoot the guns I carry.  I look at the people around when I'm at the range and won't hesitate to get the range officer is someone isn't handling their weapon properly.  I participate in a couple shooting events each year as well.  GSSF and bowling pin matches.  I do okay but nowhere near the top.  I want to get more training for tactical situations, but feel I'd do fine if God forbid, I ever had to draw my weapon. 

Who here has taken tactical training besides Justin?  Interested to get references on some places.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:41 AM »

Well said.  I carry all of the time.  I get to the range about 6-7 times a year and mainly shoot the guns I carry.  I look at the people around when I'm at the range and won't hesitate to get the range officer is someone isn't handling their weapon properly.  I participate in a couple shooting events each year as well.  GSSF and bowling pin matches.  I do okay but nowhere near the top.  I want to get more training for tactical situations, but feel I'd do fine if God forbid, I ever had to draw my weapon. 

Who here has taken tactical training besides Justin?  Interested to get references on some places.

Yall should train together

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:22 AM »

Mark Tolleson. He's the director of training at Elk River in Pelham, TN. If that's not close enough for you, I'm sure he can recommend some others as well.

http://www.elkrivertrainingcenter.com/?fbclid=IwAR2bBg9Td50SVwRcK-d4rIsdstbhTcUTnAqNTT1Mo5doDi5h0jMzyRd6W44

Mark used to be a member on here. My wife and I got to spend some time at the Durhamtown range with him and Glenn Mitts about 10 years ago and that was the most productive few hours of training I've ever gotten. It was a priceless experience in all honesty. Both great dudes.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »

GA SB 281 is complete horsecrap...I would like to say that there is no way it would ever even get out of committee but who the hell knows. 

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20192020/187792.pdf

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
Very strange timing here but there is a husband/wife couple in another Jeep club I’m in who just started a business doing training today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM