BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Fish worms  (Read 394 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: Fish worms
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 08:34:32 AM »
How safe / wholesome do you think your food is from the US?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

unless you see it pulled from the ground or slaughtered , it's always questionable. Look at the frequency of lettuce-poo contaminations ...

Wasn't so long ago that horse meat was regularly found in ground beef.  The black stuff in mushrooms is the growing medium which is a compost made up of straw, horse poop and a bunch of other stuff. Excellent for mushrooms, less so for conventional vegetable gardening. As for the poop, it's well past poop stage, composted for a long time, heated through bacterial activity and pasteurized for use in growing mushrooms.

I don't eat a lot of beef. I prefer venison, I'm sure its full of Wild Worms and parasites. I also enjoy Organic Free Range Chicken, eggs, and Turkey. I always tell my wife that the broccoli and lettuce quiver before they are picked, so you know they have feelings. Vegetables are alive before you cook 'em. I am sure they are as scared as crabs, since both are cooked while alive.

I see all the recalls on China produced dog food. They do not have the same standards that we have for food. Contaminants in one of my Blood pressure meds were traced back to a Chinese supplied ingredients.  Apparently products made with petro chemicals aren't good in Dog food or medicine.  They take practicing Medicine to a new level. Just like I tell my Doc "practicing medicine means Practicing on me." He always laughs, and then tells me I am right. Because what works for one person doesn't work for everyone.

Hell they don't have the same standards we in the US have for Steel either which is why we don't use Chinese steel or stainless. I've seen large voids in Chinese steel filled in with filler and pickled. (Looks ok, unless your trying to weld it or expecting it to meet loading)

I've been to slaughter houses and worked fast food restaurants, and several other restaurants while working my
 way through college.
I've seen what goes on in the US. It makes me more conscious of what I eat and or order while dinning. And to be sure not to piss off the butcher.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
How safe / wholesome do you think your food is from the US?

unless you see it pulled from the ground or slaughtered , it's always questionable. Look at the frequency of lettuce-poo contaminations ...

You can find good meat and vegetables. There are still plenty of small farmers, plain and organic and local. You just have to do some research and go out and visit the farms, which, is too much work for 95% of the people. This is about as close as you can get to growing it yourself.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:49:31 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »
All USDA (under FSIS) have the same standards in the US for inspection. Their code book, CFR has so much gray area it's crazy. So much is left open to interpretation.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »
All USDA (under FSIS) have the same standards in the US for inspection. Their code book, CFR has so much gray area it's crazy. So much is left open to interpretation.

If I recall, it has not been changed since the 50's......
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM