BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 8895 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »

I see a significant downturn in the economy but a bigger surge coming out of it by August. 

I'm not so sure about a surge in 2020.  My thought is people are not being able to save up during this downturn because they aren't needed at work (hourly folk in service and manufacturing) or can't work due to closures, so they will not go out to buy stuff like crazy after the social distancing is over since they don't have money to spend.  In this situation, real productivity is taking a direct hit.  I have proven repeatedly to not be able to predict the market, so it's likely I'm wrong (I sincerely hope so).

I am curious as to what makes you think there will be surge in the economy by August?  Intuition, #thoughtsandprayers, experience, or ???

I think everyone is overreacting, including myself;  We are giving up 'living' to extend some lives.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 12:28:40 PM »

I see a significant downturn in the economy but a bigger surge coming out of it by August. 

We are giving up 'living' to extend some lives.

Not having to go to shit I didn't want to go to anways? Psshhh this is a dream right now!

So far I've gotten out of a wedding shower I didn't really want to go to, Easter Pictures, and the in laws trying to drag me to church.
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »

Not having to go to shit I didn't want to go to anways? Psshhh this is a dream right now!

So far I've gotten out of a wedding shower I didn't really want to go to, Easter Pictures, and the in laws trying to drag me to church.
Plus "work" from home and still getting paid ..you are living the dream!  Are you buying a lot of stuff, or saving up to buy something?

WFH is saving me at least $12 per day, maybe more...off course I worked from home at least two days a week anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »

Plus "work" from home and still getting paid ..you are living the dream!  Are you buying a lot of stuff, or saving up to buy something?

WFH is saving me at least $12 per day, maybe more...off course I worked from home at least two days a week anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Just saving up for 8 cylinder stuff and making vroom vroom noises on the couch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 12:47:19 PM »
Investors are looking to put their money to work but overly cautious.  When this is over, the stock market will rebound and confidence will be on the upswing.  People that have been isolated will get out and spend money.  There will be a portion of population that this crisis will hurt but that happens every time. 

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 02:17:51 PM »
never one to panic myself, mainly bc i have enough food and ammo to outlast the lot of ya, but i had a little too much time this weekend to watch interviews with experts on this subject. want to freak out a little? here ya go. Another guy i watch and listen to named Mike Glover, ceo, Fieldcraft Survival, his numbers were double the docs.

/>
have at it, dont watch it with family.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
never one to panic myself, mainly bc i have enough food and ammo to outlast the lot of ya, but i had a little too much time this weekend to watch interviews with experts on this subject. want to freak out a little? here ya go. Another guy i watch and listen to named Mike Glover, ceo, Fieldcraft Survival, his numbers were double the docs.

/>
TLDL...is he saying to panic or to chill out?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 02:33:29 PM »

/>

Cliff notes?

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »

/>

Cliff notes?
There’s a couple of summary clips that were really good. I’m on mobile right now but they’ll show up on YouTube if you click that video.

Travis Macdonald

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »

Travis Macdonald

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth