BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 8833 times)

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »
never one to panic myself, mainly bc i have enough food and ammo to outlast the lot of ya, but i had a little too much time this weekend to watch interviews with experts on this subject. want to freak out a little? here ya go. Another guy i watch and listen to named Mike Glover, ceo, Fieldcraft Survival, his numbers were double the docs.

have at it, dont watch it with family.
TLDL...is he saying to panic or to chill out?

Cliff notes?

It's a really good, easy listen. Not his usual marathon 3hr podcast. Should definitely check it out even if its listening to it as audio. They go into other things besides just COVID-19 with a lot of good information.

But the cliff notes about COVID-19 is basically what Danny's friend from the CDC said.
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »
never one to panic myself, mainly bc i have enough food and ammo to outlast the lot of ya, but i had a little too much time this weekend to watch interviews with experts on this subject. want to freak out a little? here ya go. Another guy i watch and listen to named Mike Glover, ceo, Fieldcraft Survival, his numbers were double the docs.

/>

I listened to that one yesterday.  Good stuff. Eye opening

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 04:20:20 PM »

TLDL...is he saying to panic or to chill out?

Cliff notes?

It's a really good, easy listen. Not his usual marathon 3hr podcast. Should definitely check it out even if its listening to it as audio. They go into other things besides just COVID-19 with a lot of good information.

But the cliff notes about COVID-19 is basically what Danny's friend from the CDC said.
Evidently this is going to be around through August...from what Trump has been told...lovely.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-grapples-coronavirus-guidelines-markets-plummet/story?id=69620218
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 04:35:18 PM »
This is no joke. 

Here is a site with near real-time updates:
https://topic.newsbreak.com/covid-19.html

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
Evidently this is going to be around through August...from what Trump has been told...lovely.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-grapples-coronavirus-guidelines-markets-plummet/story?id=69620218

Osterholm, in the podcast, says this is going to be a 'Corona winter' not just a two week Corona vacation.
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 10:56:55 AM »
Our company has officially stopped all business travel.  We implemented "working from home" last week.  As I sit on a web session that is guilty of many of the things depicted on this video.  Since this will be the norm for meetings in the forseeable future.  Don't be guilty of these....

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
Our company has officially stopped all business travel.  We implemented "working from home" last week.  As I sit on a web session that is guilty of many of the things depicted on this video.  Since this will be the norm for meetings in the forseeable future.  Don't be guilty of these....

/>
this is too real
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
We do a decent amount of remote meetings already, but today we are doing a training on boosting engagement in remote meetings.
Jay

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
We do a decent amount of remote meetings already, but today we are doing a training on boosting engagement in remote meetings.

So you're having a meeting about having meetings? I love it!  lmao

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 11:58:24 AM »

So you're having a meeting about having meetings? I love it!  lmao

I know. I was laughing about it, but it was actually pretty helpful.
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 12:07:31 PM »
Confirmed cases are going to jump because the number of tests is ramping up fast. It doesn’t change the number of people infected, just that we know they’re infected.

Not making it seem less serious than it is at all, just reasoning on the impact from us being able to test more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM