BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9720 times)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »
Finally the important stuff is reopening...  lmao
https://whatnowatlanta.com/the-cheetah-lounge-reopening-a-go-june-1-with-strippers-wearing-sexy-gloves-masks/

My first time there was 1978.....
First table dance I had was to Bob Seger's
song Old Time Rock and Roll...what memories

Anybody else with Cheetah stories?????

some evening after riding & as we're all around a fire (& hopefully my daughter will be sleeping or not on the ride) I will share stories of running w/ my guitarist/best friend - regularly - through Cheetah, Goldclub, Hotspot  back in 90s...
he dated dancers back then, I also had a roommate eho was a goldclub. dancer , too ... wild times.
 I am not putting any of it in print , however , I do remember the Hotspot had a French toast  ,breakfast special...
I've never heard of the Hotspot...interesting. 

Its VIP only

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2020, 08:58:00 AM »
https://whatnowatlanta.com/the-cheetah-lounge-reopening-a-go-june-1-with-strippers-wearing-sexy-gloves-masks/

some evening after riding & as we're all around a fire (& hopefully my daughter will be sleeping or not on the ride) I will share stories of running w/ my guitarist/best friend - regularly - through Cheetah, Goldclub, Hotspot  back in 90s...
he dated dancers back then, I also had a roommate eho was a goldclub. dancer , too ... wild times.
 I am not putting any of it in print , however , I do remember the Hotspot had a French toast  ,breakfast special...

Its VIP only

The first time I was ever in the Cheetah, a stripper was walking a guy in his underwear on a dog leash (Bachelor party). 

Was in Buckhead back in the day and got a taxi.  Driver said he just picked up Japanese men from the airport and the first thing they said was Gowd Cwub.  LMAO.  It used to be the shit back then.

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2020, 09:12:27 AM »

Its VIP only

The first time I was ever in the Cheetah, a stripper was walking a guy in his underwear on a dog leash (Bachelor party). 

Was in Buckhead back in the day and got a taxi.  Driver said he just picked up Japanese men from the airport and the first thing they said was Gowd Cwub.  LMAO.  It used to be the shit back then.
Now it's just a super sketchy parking lot full of 20+ homeless people living under the awnings.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2020, 04:37:09 PM »
I’m going to keep this going.

@clark123456
"By order of Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp: The day after Thursday is now Sunday"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/18/only-america-is-sunday-day-after-thursday/

Last week, Georgia’s Department of Public Health released a graph showing a dramatic, steady decline in cases, deaths and hospitalizations in the state’s five most affected counties, from a peak on April 28, just before the state’s restrictions were eased, to near zero two weeks later.

But on closer inspection, the dates on the chart showed a curious ordering: April 30 was followed by May 4; May 5 was followed by May 2, which was followed by May 7 — which in turn was followed by April 26. The dates had been re-sorted to create the illusion of a decline. The five counties were likewise re-sorted on each day to enhance the illusion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2020, 12:03:07 AM »
 News from FL
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:03:48 AM by Scott F. »

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2020, 08:44:07 AM »

it was a dive of dives..the place you windup at 6am not wanting to be, heh. About a block prior to Cheshire bridge on Piedmont in dilapidated place...the words were on the roof iirc " Hotspot II"...

it was not much better than Claremont lounge so not likely a place worthy of recall ...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2020, 09:09:39 AM »

it was a dive of dives..the place you windup at 6am not wanting to be, heh. About a block prior to Cheshire bridge on Piedmont in dilapidated place...the words were on the roof iirc " Hotspot II"...

it was not much better than Claremont lounge so not likely a place worthy of recall ...

Claremont is far superior, only place where I have ever seen a mother and pregnant daughter on the same stage. And Blondie reading poetry!
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #571 on: May 20, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #572 on: May 20, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
Georgia defies predictions of coronavirus resurgence

https://news.yahoo.com/as-more-states-reopen-georgia-defies-predictions-of-coronavirus-resurgence-whats-the-lesson-for-the-rest-of-the-country-164734815.html

I love the part where they say the figures are “undisputed”.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:05:15 PM by tcdawg »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #573 on: May 20, 2020, 08:48:51 PM »
And they are at it again:

Georgia’s COVID-19 positive rate is higher than what state reports. Here’s why.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article242831786.html

"A representative for the Georgia Department of Public Health confirmed Monday that data on its website listing the total number of tests performed includes both antibody and viral tests for the novel coronavirus. The two tests are not the same. Antibody tests tell signs of previous infections while viral tests identify those who are currently infected.

“You’re putting apples and oranges together and calling them oranges,” said Dr. Harry J. Heiman, a clinical associate professor at Georgia State University’s School of Public Health. “You’re mixing two different tests. ...All that does is over-inflate the testing number.
“If anything, it skews those numbers to make it appear like the level of disease relative to testing is actually dropping much more dramatically than it is.”

The acknowledgment comes as Gov. Brian Kemp and other state officials have touted the state’s expanded testing and the declining rate of positive cases over the past several weeks as Georgia works to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Nancy Nydam, a spokesperson for the Georgia health department, said the state received its first antibody test results on April 16.

But it’s unclear how much of the state’s recent testing increases can be attributed to antibody testing. Nydam was unable to provide McClatchy with the number of total antibody tests performed in Georgia since mid-April."

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #574 on: May 21, 2020, 04:13:26 AM »
Breaking news:  on May 20th Georgia added 14 new cases to the April 17th count...more than a month after the date!  That takes April 17th confirmed cases to 21,514 when the April 17th count was 21,311 on May 6th.

It's shameful.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #575 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:11 AM »
And they are at it again:

Georgia’s COVID-19 positive rate is higher than what state reports. Here’s why.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article242831786.html

"A representative for the Georgia Department of Public Health confirmed Monday that data on its website listing the total number of tests performed includes both antibody and viral tests for the novel coronavirus. The two tests are not the same. Antibody tests tell signs of previous infections while viral tests identify those who are currently infected.

“You’re putting apples and oranges together and calling them oranges,” said Dr. Harry J. Heiman, a clinical associate professor at Georgia State University’s School of Public Health. “You’re mixing two different tests. ...All that does is over-inflate the testing number.
“If anything, it skews those numbers to make it appear like the level of disease relative to testing is actually dropping much more dramatically than it is.”

The acknowledgment comes as Gov. Brian Kemp and other state officials have touted the state’s expanded testing and the declining rate of positive cases over the past several weeks as Georgia works to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Nancy Nydam, a spokesperson for the Georgia health department, said the state received its first antibody test results on April 16.

But it’s unclear how much of the state’s recent testing increases can be attributed to antibody testing. Nydam was unable to provide McClatchy with the number of total antibody tests performed in Georgia since mid-April."

how would anyone tracking or keeping the figures of this statistic NOT have the data id'ing the test as being antibody test or not?

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM