BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9552 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
Now is when we should fix our roads and infrastructure!
Or stop any spend on them since we'll be WFH going forward

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 09:29:02 AM »
We'll see if it affects the Aerospace manufacturing part.
Now if they would just fix the 737's and get the orders
back up to normal.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2020, 09:44:17 AM »
well most of our company works from home 1-3 days a week already, generally just not all at once, so its stressing our VDI's , network atm, but they seem to be adjusting to the new load..
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »
After today my department will be working from home. I have one employee that has already been working from home. His wife works in an Urgent care facility, so he is considered high risk.

@clark123456, I think a lot of companies are going to realize the money they can save by having employees working from home and will decide to make it the norm.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
Some peers of mine at Charter (Spectrum brand internet and phone) are having to get doctor's notes to 'work from home.'  Luckily (I guess) one of them has a congenital heart condition, and the other is old (over 50), so they can both get notes.  @Michigunman what's your brother experiencing?

In the media:
Original Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/charter-coronavirus-work-home/
Follow-up Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/charter-coronavirus-offices/

Wait, I can get a note for being over 50? 

We can work at home but mgmt is still here in the office every day.  Traffic is awesome.  Going to suck when it comes back.
I hope we are equally as productive by working from home so we move to it long term.

I have worked from home for goin on my 7th year at , now, my 2nd consultation firm.
I used to think when I was in offices for 20+ years that I would watch Price Is Right , eat ice cream & be 25% as productive as I would be in an office, if I ever worked from home.
I quickly learned that I give the company far more of my personal time, work at least 2X as hard and am crazy more productive at home.
I have to do extreme-ish activities - like rock crawling or continuing to longboarding past 50 - so I do not go bonkers /to counterbalance the isolation fctor & not go postal , but dont think I could go back to an in the office work situation and be as productive or happy.
it aint for everyone; my wife doesnt dig it
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:47:13 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
Some peers of mine at Charter (Spectrum brand internet and phone) are having to get doctor's notes to 'work from home.'  Luckily (I guess) one of them has a congenital heart condition, and the other is old (over 50), so they can both get notes.  @Michigunman what's your brother experiencing?

In the media:
Original Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/charter-coronavirus-work-home/
Follow-up Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/charter-coronavirus-offices/

We can work at home but mgmt is still here in the office every day.  Traffic is awesome.  Going to suck when it comes back.
I hope we are equally as productive by working from home so we move to it long term.

I have worked from home for goin on my 7th year at , now, my 2nd consultation firm.
I used to think when I was in offices for 20+ years that I would watch Price Is Right , eat ice cream & be 25% as productive as I would be in an office, if I ever worked from home.
I quickly learned that I give the company far more of my personal time, work at least 2X as hard and am crazy more productive at home.
I have to do extreme-ish activities - like rock crawling or continuing to longboarding past 50 - so I do not go bonkers /to counterbalance the isolation fctor & not go postal , but dont think I could go back to an in the office work situation and be as productive or happy.
She doesn't dig you working from home (presumably because you drive her crazy), OR she doesn't like to work from home?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »

In the media:

She doesn't dig you working from home (presumably because you drive her crazy), OR she doesn't like to work from home?

i could ask her easily, @clark123456  ;)

She has been able to 'find her work groove' but, she is the maternal element of our unit. We all know that has it's own unique set of demands on it and responsibilities. She easily feels like accomodating and nurturing me or kids when home and sorta sees goin to her office as her sociallife and work. So, she said ..I got no response from her about the "nooner" benefit package perk included (?!) - IOWs, we drive her nuts
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:09:57 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »
I've never had to work from home before. Kind of weird to me. I support manufacturing so much. We have been put on a split schedule. Been on Remote for 4 hours and already three complaints to HR for multiple issues from the wife. 
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »
I've never had to work from home before. Kind of weird to me. I support manufacturing so much. We have been put on a split schedule. Been on Remote for 4 hours and already three complaints to HR for multiple issues from the wife.
Lol!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:32 PM »
If you know of anyone who has become unemployed & NEEDS work & is willing to drive to Gainesville for a second shift,  $14.50 a hour job tell them to go to the Ace Hardware distribution center on Palmour Dr. by the airport.

We are working 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 8 hours on the 6th day & if you work a 7th day its double time.

They are really strick with their hiring practices. No criminal records & such.
I normally don't condone working there but this is a special circumstance. It's not a great place but it's a steady paycheck.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:35:32 PM by Big Dave »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
If you know of anyone who has become unemployed & NEEDS work & is willing to drive to Gainesville for a second shift,  $14.50 a hour job tell them to go to the Ace Hardware distribution center on Palmour Dr. by the airport.

We are working 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 8 hours on the 6th day & if you work a 7th day its double time.

They are really strick with their hiring practices. No criminal records & such.
I normally don't condone working there but this is a special circumstance. It's not a great place but it's a steady paycheck.

I told my friend Tim. He just got laid off from Delta.
Does he need to mention your name or anything?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2020, 01:03:37 PM »
The most amazing people associated with Chinavirus are the experts who can stand behind the President as he abuses the English language, and struggles to pronounce technical terms...repeatedly.  The fact they can keep a straight face is amazing.  I guess it's either that, or be fired. :)
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM