BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9538 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2020, 01:03:51 PM »
The first sign of panic at our house - we're out of white wine.  My wife was looking for delivery but it hasn't passed in GA yet.  My buddy across the street is out and about and is going to pick up 6 bottles.  Whew, disaster avoided.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »
If you know of anyone who has become unemployed & NEEDS work & is willing to drive to Gainesville for a second shift,  $14.50 a hour job tell them to go to the Ace Hardware distribution center on Palmour Dr. by the airport.

We are working 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 8 hours on the 6th day & if you work a 7th day its double time.

They are really strick with their hiring practices. No criminal records & such.
I normally don't condone working there but this is a special circumstance. It's not a great place but it's a steady paycheck.

I told my friend Tim. He just got laid off from Delta.
Does he need to mention your name or anything?

We used to have a $250 referral policy but I'm not sure if it's still in place. If it is I'll split it with him.
Tell him David Grant sent him.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:14:45 PM by Big Dave »

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
The first sign of panic at our house - we're out of white wine.  My wife was looking for delivery but it hasn't passed in GA yet.  My buddy across the street is out and about and is going to pick up 6 bottles.  Whew, disaster avoided.

That wouldn't go over well in our house either! Good thing I keep a fully stocked bar at all times

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »
If you know of anyone who has become unemployed & NEEDS work & is willing to drive to Gainesville for a second shift,  $14.50 a hour job tell them to go to the Ace Hardware distribution center on Palmour Dr. by the airport.

We are working 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 8 hours on the 6th day & if you work a 7th day its double time.

They are really strick with their hiring practices. No criminal records & such.
I normally don't condone working there but this is a special circumstance. It's not a great place but it's a steady paycheck.

I told my friend Tim. He just got laid off from Delta.
Does he need to mention your name or anything?

We used to have a $250 referral in place but I'm not sure if it's still in place. If it is I'll split it with him.
Tell him David Grant sent him.
Thanks.

His name is Tim Finnigan, I forwarded the message. Thanks.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2020, 01:16:22 PM »

That wouldn't go over well in our house either! Good thing I keep a fully stocked bar at all times

Nice!  Liquor cabinet is fully stocked.  18 different bourbons, scotch, tequila, lots of vodka.  Doing okay on red wine but the "she" is out of white.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2020, 02:37:25 PM »
I tried to stock up on beer but keep drinking it up
 Dohh!!

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2020, 02:40:51 PM »
Some peers of mine at Charter (Spectrum brand internet and phone) are having to get doctor's notes to 'work from home.'  Luckily (I guess) one of them has a congenital heart condition, and the other is old (over 50), so they can both get notes.  @Michigunman what's your brother experiencing?

In the media:
Original Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/charter-coronavirus-work-home/
Follow-up Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/charter-coronavirus-offices/

@clark123456
He is a lineman so pretty sure he is not working from home :).  I sent him a note to see what he knows about other positions.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2020, 03:07:43 PM »
Some peers of mine at Charter (Spectrum brand internet and phone) are having to get doctor's notes to 'work from home.'  Luckily (I guess) one of them has a congenital heart condition, and the other is old (over 50), so they can both get notes.  @Michigunman what's your brother experiencing?

In the media:
Original Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/charter-coronavirus-work-home/
Follow-up Report:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/charter-coronavirus-offices/

@clark123456
He is a lineman so pretty sure he is not working from home :).  I sent him a note to see what he knows about other positions.
That made me think of Wichita Lineman

/>
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2020, 03:13:52 PM »
I'm on a conference call with a group in Philly that is opening a new hotel.  The owner's rep who is running the project has coughed about 4 times.  Normally wouldn't think anything about it, but.....

Also, home crisis avoided.  Neighbor brought my wife six bottles of White Haven Sauvignon Blanc.  He left it on the front porch and she wiped each bottle down with Lysol wipes.  LMAO.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
I'm on a conference call with a group in Philly that is opening a new hotel.  The owner's rep who is running the project has coughed about 4 times.  Normally wouldn't think anything about it, but.....

Also, home crisis avoided.  Neighbor brought my wife six bottles of White Haven Sauvignon Blanc.  He left it on the front porch and she wiped each bottle down with Lysol wipes.  LMAO.
Mike, at your advanced age, and with your conditions, you can't be too careful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »
Went to urgent care once my fever hit 103. She tested for flu and strep - both came back negative but she gave me tamiflu and sent me on my way
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
Went to urgent care once my fever hit 103. She tested for flu and strep - both came back negative but she gave me tamiflu and sent me on my way

That sounds brutal man. Hope you get to feeling better soon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM