BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9917 times)

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »
Its all stupid AF IMO. 80k died from the flu last year in the US alone, and it didnt shut down shit. People are soft, and we are letting the government dictate, (entirely unconstitutionally i might add) how we are living our lives and making our livings.

*EDIT* The current US mortality rate is only 2%, which is still more than double the .1% of the flu.
*more than 20x
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
Its all stupid AF IMO. 80k died from the flu last year in the US alone, and it didnt shut down shit. People are soft, and we are letting the government dictate, (entirely unconstitutionally i might add) how we are living our lives and making our livings.

*EDIT* The current US mortality rate is only 2%, which is still more than double the .1% of the flu.
*more than 20x

Damn decimal point.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, Flu season runs between October and May and CDC estimates that between October 1, 2019 to March 21, 2020 there has only been 62k estimated deaths related to flu. Also, according to the CDC the flu only has a mortality rate of less than .1%, COVID is currently running at a 5% mortality rate so we'll have to wait and see where COVID deaths reach in a 7 month run.

ONLY 62k lol my bad. My main point was the fact that we are letting them dictate our lives for an unknown length of time from now, ruining small businesses and the economy. Unfortunately the mortality rate is worse because the grand ole USofA is fatter, lazier, and more out of shape than the rest of the world and this virus is hell on your respiratory system. I wasnt trying to argue, maybe just shed a little light on a shit subject in a dark time in a topic labeled "dont panic" ... Yall have a good day at the house, I gotta work my 40-60 for my employees and my own $$$. Maybe better for me to just stay away from the forum for a while honestly, seems my opinion varies too far from the sheep herd.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2020, 01:31:29 PM »
I guess call me stupid and soft then. At this point I don’t care if my rights are limited or not, if it saves my parents lives or your parents it’s worth it to me.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #268 on: April 01, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, Flu season runs between October and May and CDC estimates that between October 1, 2019 to March 21, 2020 there has only been 62k estimated deaths related to flu. Also, according to the CDC the flu only has a mortality rate of less than .1%, COVID is currently running at a 5% mortality rate so we'll have to wait and see where COVID deaths reach in a 7 month run.

ONLY 62k lol my bad. My main point was the fact that we are letting them dictate our lives for an unknown length of time from now, ruining small businesses and the economy. Unfortunately the mortality rate is worse because the grand ole USofA is fatter, lazier, and more out of shape than the rest of the world and this virus is hell on your respiratory system. I wasnt trying to argue, maybe just shed a little light on a shit subject in a dark time in a topic labeled "dont panic" ... Yall have a good day at the house, I gotta work my 40-60 for my employees and my own $$$. Maybe better for me to just stay away from the forum for a while honestly, seems my opinion varies too far from the sheep herd.
Justin, the government is gonna pay you and your team to not work...it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get paid to work on your Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:20:32 PM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2020, 02:11:26 PM »
So yesterday a Dr. from the Dept. of Health in spaulding county (griffins in that county), called her and quized her on symptoms and got her email, and me and tylers email and # to call us since we are / have been exposed to her.    she had all the symptoms, except labored breathing, she had shortness of breath which was/is a symptom, upset stomach , dieareia, cough, fever, weak/dissness.   the nxt day we get this email with an attached pdf from the Dept. of health. basically telling us.  since she has been tested positive she better not leave or its a crime!  yikes.  I will try and upload the pdf so yall can see it.

im guessing they want ppl who test positive or have been exposed. like me and tyler. to.   NOT go out.   i hate it, but i dont want to give anyone what my wife went thru.. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:14:30 PM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2020, 02:28:07 PM »

Just to prove a point, when this topic was posted "Don't Panic" a lot has changed for the worst. We all thought this was a joke or would blow over in a few weeks but, the dead bodies just piling up. Now, if I was in your shoes (as a business owner), I most likely have a total different opinion. And I will say, I thank God, that I'm not a business owner having to deal with it!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
So yesterday a Dr. from the Dept. of Health in spaulding county (griffins in that county), called her and quized her on symptoms and got her email, and me and tylers email and # to call us since we are / have been exposed to her.    she had all the symptoms, except labored breathing, she had shortness of breath which was/is a symptom, upset stomach , dieareia, cough, fever, weak/dissness.   the nxt day we get this email with an attached pdf from the Dept. of health. basically telling us.  since she has been tested positive she better not leave or its a crime!  yikes.  I will try and upload the pdf so yall can see it.

im guessing they want ppl who test positive or have been exposed. like me and tyler. to.   NOT go out.   i hate it, but i dont want to give anyone what my wife went thru.. 

Hang in there Kent and thanks for checking in. So no symptoms for you or Tyler? or do they think you are asymptomatic?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »

Justin, the government is gonna pay you and your team to not work...it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get paid to work on your Jeep.

@clark123456
The problem with small business loans is they are "Loans" they have to be paid back. Small businesses will be screwed.

@Trailabite
aren't you a Chief Estimator? are decimal points inconsequential at your company?  [poke]
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »

@clark123456
The problem with small business loans is they are "Loans" they have to be paid back. Small businesses will be screwed.

@Trailabite
aren't you a Chief Estimator? are decimal points inconsequential at your company?  [poke]
Not completely true.  The ones in the latest bill can be forgiven, thus becoming grants (I.e., almost free money).

https://www.uschamber.com/series/above-the-fold/how-access-stimulus-funding-your-small-business

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:43:30 PM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »

@clark123456

@Trailabite
Not completely true.  The ones in the latest bill can be forgiven, thus becoming grants (I.e., almost free money).

I think only forgiven if they are used for payroll, if they use the $ for anything else, its a loan and they have to pay it back.  thats what I read.
-- i could be wrong, but thats what im reading.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #275 on: April 01, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »

@clark123456

@Trailabite

I think only forgiven if they are used for payroll, if they use the $ for anything else, its a loan and they have to pay it back.  thats what I read.
-- i could be wrong, but thats what im reading.
That's right...get paid to not work.

https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM