BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9916 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #396 on: April 10, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »
Do you know of any places to get meat for smoking right now?
Mitch’s meat and fish in Roswell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2020, 08:41:53 AM »
I was on the Flu vs. COVID train at first until I watch a video this doctor posted.  The difference is this virus can be contacted easier and turns to pneumonia faster.  But just like the regular flu, some people have slight cases and doesn't really affect them much. 

5 years from now, no worries about COVID-19.  There will be a vaccine and antidote.  Until then, it will be a problem.  Think about next year.  Will the same thing happen on a smaller scale?

Probably, It will come back in the Fall/Winter and last through Spring. Hopefully by then they have good treatments and a vaccine. Although I have heard 18 months being kicked around in regards of a vaccine.

I imagine 6' will become the norm as will face masks.

The 6' Space Rule can significantly change travel, education and entertainment.

I'm curious how airlines will adapt. Will seats be separated? That would make flights expensive.

A new AMC Theater was due to open in my area in April. AMC is now saying they may not recover from this.

my wife & kids used to make fun of my overprotection efforts. An example is , my XJ has a few oil leaks ( the filter housing oring needs replacing) so I loathe crawling under her. For this , I already had a dozen , Dupont & 3M bio- suits with full head hood & booties .

no one was laughing at me the other day when I tried to hug them , eat my lunch , get mail & go around the foyer & living area on my longboard in the suit.

my intention - & point of this reply - is that I think to answer your ," I wonder how this industry will adapt to this stuff..." , I think the airlines will provide full hazmat or comparable body coverage for passengers . I think there's going to be fashion based around full sealing of ourselves from each other.
Suddenly ,those Aldous Huxley ' Feelies' movies that were in ' Brave New World' seem not far fetched. I just wanna take my Jeep to some obstacle .I'd willingly wear a containment suit if it permitted me to do so.
I think that's one direction we're headed.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #398 on: April 11, 2020, 09:13:51 AM »
Would you get a vaccine that came with tracking?

Bill Gates Calls For National Tracking System For Coronavirus

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/amp/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:15:23 AM by DOUG »

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #399 on: April 11, 2020, 09:24:35 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/amp/
That headline is a little misleading:

“in Seattle, the [University of Washington] is providing thousands of tests per day but no one is connected to a national tracking system” and that “Whenever there is a positive test it should be seen to understand where the disease is and whether we need to strengthen the social distancing.”

I see no issue with that. It doesn’t mean tracking as implanting your with a tracking device, but creating a national tracking database to see where people have been vaccinated as well as where new clusters are popping up. I’m actually surprised that isn’t already being done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »

I think it's great for you, and basically everyone else.  I'll avoid it.

NIMBY - not in my blood, yours

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2020, 02:15:26 PM »

I know the cognitive technology & some of the Idp token mgmt that'd be involved in the identity & tracking component that'd ve behind this & I'd say that I trust THAT to be capable of such a solution being reliable & accurate however ... whether or not I would be into participating in a federal or state sanctioned program that claimed that intent is another matter....

I think this type of thing's mentioned in the Bible , innit?
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2020, 02:18:19 PM »

That headline is a little misleading:

“in Seattle, the [University of Washington] is providing thousands of tests per day but no one is connected to a national tracking system” and that “Whenever there is a positive test it should be seen to understand where the disease is and whether we need to strengthen the social distancing.”

I see no issue with that. It doesn’t mean tracking as implanting your with a tracking device, but creating a national tracking database to see where people have been vaccinated as well as where new clusters are popping up. I’m actually surprised that isn’t already being done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, I just read it & that is the angle I took from it. I shoulda read it thoroughly before replying, but whtvr ;)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »
Fake news, I know, but Ghina is going to cover up the source of Chinavirus:

Beijing tightens grip over coronavirus research, amid US-China row on virus origin

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/asia/china-coronavirus-research-restrictions-intl-hnk/index.html

Your official source, Fox News, will have a similar story after they read the CNN website.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #404 on: April 12, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »

Beijing tightens grip over coronavirus research, amid US-China row on virus origin

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/asia/china-coronavirus-research-restrictions-intl-hnk/index.html

Your official source, Fox News, will have a similar story after they read the CNN website.

Doesn't seem fake. China, lied and tried to hide it since the start. I also don't belive the numbers that China keeps reporting or not reporting. With the amount of people over there i just don't belive that it just leveled off like they claim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

Doesn't seem fake. China, lied and tried to hide it since the start. I also don't belive the numbers that China keeps reporting or not reporting. With the amount of people over there i just don't belive that it just leveled off like they claim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah...I was being sarcastic.

Yeah, I don't trust them at all.

I hardly trust our government, and I believe our government is many times more transparent and honest than almost any other government.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Bjk77

• Visitor
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
I can’t remember where I read that China had hundreds of thousand cell phone #’s get turned off. Makes you think the death toll was way way worse.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2020, 07:55:39 PM »
I can’t remember where I read that China had hundreds of thousand cell phone #’s get turned off. Makes you think the death toll was way way worse.
I read the same.
It explained that alot of folks in China have 2 cell phones. As the economy tanks & people stop receiving a paycheck, some opted to turn them off. Plus some were from business' that closed.
So "they" say.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM