BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Lawn mowers  (Read 1528 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Lawn mowers
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »
John @jd30005 did you decide on a mower yet?
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »
I really like the Bad Boy ZT Elite 54" and that's likely what I will get.  Since it's later in the season, I have been waiting things out to see if any "end of season" sales popup. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 09:37:43 AM »
I really like the Bad Boy ZT Elite 54" and that's likely what I will get.  Since it's later in the season, I have been waiting things out to see if any "end of season" sales popup. 
You are a bad boy, so that's fitting.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 09:07:13 AM »
This is just what I cut at my in-laws old homestead each week

That's my drive way going up the hill

It may just be my computer, but the pictures are not showing completely; Reminds me of the 4800 baud modem I had in the early 90s.

I currently do ~30 minutes a week on  a 48" craftsman (not zero turn!) when I don't bag.  If I bag it, add another 30 minutes.  I want to get a new mower for less breakdowns/repairs and new tools/toys are fun, but I can't justify it.

Yesterday, I unexpectedly entered the market looking for a new lawn mower...justification found.   [cheers]

My current yard is not very large, but I have plans to change that in the next couple years.  I'm thinking 48" cut so I can get it on my utility trailer, but maybe a 52-54" cut.  Defintely not a 60" cut.

I'm thinking Toro or BadBoy, but I still need to look at other options (Husq, JD, Cub Cadet (unlikely)).  I want a servicable transmission/transaxle, as the current failure on my tractor is transmisison related and it's not serviceable.  I imagine I need entry-level professional.

I also want a hitch/receiver/hole so I can tow a little dump trailer around and move my chipper easier, which it appears BadBoy doesn't support :(

I'm pretty sure the dump trailer is what finally killed the Crasftman  [rolleyes]

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:08:02 AM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 09:16:35 AM »

It may just be my computer, but the pictures are not showing completely; Reminds me of the 4800 baud modem I had in the early 90s.

I currently do ~30 minutes a week on  a 48" craftsman (not zero turn!) when I don't bag.  If I bag it, add another 30 minutes.  I want to get a new mower for less breakdowns/repairs and new tools/toys are fun, but I can't justify it.

Yesterday, I unexpectedly entered the market looking for a new lawn mower...justification found.   [cheers]

My current yard is not very large, but I have plans to change that in the next couple years.  I'm thinking 48" cut so I can get it on my utility trailer, but maybe a 52-54" cut.  Defintely not a 60" cut.

I'm thinking Toro or BadBoy, but I still need to look at other options (Husq, JD, Cub Cadet (unlikely)).  I want a servicable transmission/transaxle, as the current failure on my tractor is transmisison related and it's not serviceable.  I imagine I need entry-level professional.

I also want a hitch/receiver/hole so I can tow a little dump trailer around and move my chipper easier, which it appears BadBoy doesn't support :(

I'm pretty sure the dump trailer is what finally killed the Crasftman  [rolleyes]

Kubota, ask JD how he liked mine.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 09:29:00 AM »

Thx...on the list now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2020, 09:43:40 AM »

That Kubota is what ZT Mower dreams are made of.  The meats on the rear and the operator seat alone is awesome.  I would mow anything I could with that thing.  I am trying to figure out how to get that suspension seat in my Jeep.  ;-)
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2020, 09:45:26 AM »

Thx...on the list now

@clark123456 The Bad Boy ZT Elite has the serviceable transmissions and also has a hitch kit available.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »
@clark123456 How much acreage do you have to cut?  Can't get any exercise on a riding mower.  Hell, when I was a kid, I'd cut 5 acres with 19" push mower, up hill both ways. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »
@clark123456 How much acreage do you have to cut?  Can't get any exercise on a riding mower.  Hell, when I was a kid, I'd cut 5 acres with 19" push mower, up hill both ways.
.5 ish now, but hoping for a couple of acres at the next house. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 09:58:38 AM »

I've been spoiled the past 19 years.  I have 1 acre but most of my neighbors have very small yards.  When John Wieland built the neighborhood, they setup the homeowners fees to include lawn service.  Everyone Monday they mow, edge, trim, and blow.  Twice a year, they trim the bushes and trees, fertilize the lawn,  and put out pinestraw.  They get January off but on months they don't mow, they blow each week.  It was $100/mo up until two years ago and now it's $125/mo. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 10:09:53 AM »

I've been spoiled the past 19 years.  I have 1 acre but most of my neighbors have very small yards.  When John Wieland built the neighborhood, they setup the homeowners fees to include lawn service.  Everyone Monday they mow, edge, trim, and blow.  Twice a year, they trim the bushes and trees, fertilize the lawn,  and put out pinestraw.  They get January off but on months they don't mow, they blow each week.  It was $100/mo up until two years ago and now it's $125/mo.
Yeah, that would be very nice to have.  The quote I got for my yard was $80/week   

I don't like yard work, but I don't like spending money on it either!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM