BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain Saturday?  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Morris Mountain Saturday?
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
Morris is $30 on the weekends! It will cost me a tank and a 1/2 of gas plus $30 to ride. I can get to beasley and ride on 3/4 tank and cost $5. I am doing the math here. It's only 30 miles more for you and cost is a fraction to Morris. Just a thought. If it rains friday I will not be going anyway. I am behind on yard work since my vacation. Let's see what Will thinks. I could show you guys a few cool trails near Dahlonega. Nothing real hard but there fun. Nice places to eat lunch near creeks. Just a thought.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »
thats $30 for the whole weekend boss! $20 for 1 day

Will can you fo' sho do morris saturday?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »
thats $30 for the whole weekend boss! $20 for 1 day

Will can you fo' sho do morris saturday?

You know I've never been to the Knob either.... I'd have to organize the funds to see if I could make it up there, but it's in consideration. Yeah, I'd for sure roll up to Morris Mountain if some guys were gonna be there. It's an hour or so up the road.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »
If you guys are thinking of going to Beasley then let me know. I may be able to make it up there.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Diehard

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
I'm, (my wife and daughter too), going to Morris Mt. next weekend, the 26th. First time back out since my "incident". Never been and looking forward to it.  ;D So far the weather is "suppose" to be ok, no rain.
I'll post some pics when I get back.
I'd like to do Beasley sometime and Tellico before the end of the year.

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
I might be able to swing Beasley on Saturday.  Got my niece's B-Day, but she's only 2, so I doubt she'll miss me.

BigJerm

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
morris mountain is a pretty good place Vince, ever been? The trail map lacks a bit but other than that it is good.

Fellas, sound like we have a decent following for Beasley... yall want to go there instead? Will let me know if you can arrange funds for it (remember it is $15 less to ride beasley so a little over 3 gallons of gas, lol). I guess lets just keep an eye on the weather and I will call the Ranger station Friday to confirm open or close. If not ill probably head to Morris Mountain saturday. It is still closed status online

47knucklehead

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
Morris is $30 on the weekends! It will cost me a tank and a 1/2 of gas plus $30 to ride. I can get to beasley and ride on 3/4 tank and cost $5. I am doing the math here. It's only 30 miles more for you and cost is a fraction to Morris. Just a thought. If it rains friday I will not be going anyway. I am behind on yard work since my vacation. Let's see what Will thinks. I could show you guys a few cool trails near Dahlonega. Nothing real hard but there fun. Nice places to eat lunch near creeks. Just a thought.

Hey Krawler... Beasley is great and much challenge.  But, I would not go if it has rained a good bit unless you like mud. It does have some great trails. I had a good time there last weekend. And a big $5 is very inviting. . Been thinking about going myself Saturday morning. Would like to get some trail riding in before my trip. I kinda would need to leave for home Saturday nite though to return home. Need to do a service and some work on the Harley before wife&I head out to Sturgis and Colorado. we plan to leave next friday. I just may meet you up there. Its only a couple hrs away for me also.  There is a Best Western down the road a mile thats pretty reasonable, if you talk him down ;)
  Knucklehead

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 08:44:57 PM »
I am watching the weather. If it stays good and is open I am for Beasley. I need to be home round 6 or so to get my little ones. Let's see how the weather turns out. At this point I would love to do Morris but I can't drop the kids off early enough to make the trip worth it. I also can't leave them at grandmas till 9pm either. SSSOOOOOO we'll see.

BigJerm

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »
crap. I have no CB so this is going to SUCK! I gots to get me on the ASAP. I probably swing by HD Friday and pick up my fire extinguisher.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »
It'll be alright. Just start practicing your hand signals! :D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
I am in for Beasley if no rain. How long does it take to ride the trails. From what I know it is not much. If they are closed I may head up to some of my logging trail roads for a 1/2 day of riding.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM