BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma  (Read 1982 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2020, 09:47:58 AM »
Coyote Canyon at Moab was very short (.065) but hard.
We had 7 rigs go thru but don't remember how long it
took. Felt like we got through pretty quick though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:51:28 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »
I have heard a group of 5 did it in 1.5hrs. Also read one did it in 30 minutes. [smoke]  [spectator2]

Kenny Blume - 26:44 from what I've read

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »
Looks like some other solid trails there too:

This is my home base wheeling park (even though I live in Houston) and it is definitely some of the most challenging terrain I've wheeled. I've never seen a four door JK run Tackett Creek, so props on that, I'm sure it was difficult. In March of 2019 we held a 24 Hours of Burris (now Rugged Mountain Ranch) and we ran every trail in the park in a little over 14 hours (in buggies, and two trails we ran halfway due to breakage). Every year there has been a Tackett Creek Challenge Race and last year Kenny Blume won with a time of almost 30 minutes.

Not diminishing the feat of getting all of these full bodies rigs to the finish line, but wanted to give a frame of reference on how fast it can be ran.

And as Clutchee said, Asylum is arguably the hardest trail. It's shorter than Tackett, and it’s as brutal as Upper Upper Tackett, but it's nonstop. You enter the trail and it is pretty much a nonstop fight until the end.
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2020, 02:00:26 PM »

This is my home base wheeling park (even though I live in Houston) and it is definitely some of the most challenging terrain I've wheeled. I've never seen a four door JK run Tackett Creek, so props on that, I'm sure it was difficult. In March of 2019 we held a 24 Hours of Burris (now Rugged Mountain Ranch) and we ran every trail in the park in a little over 14 hours (in buggies, and two trails we ran halfway due to breakage). Every year there has been a Tackett Creek Challenge Race and last year Kenny Blume won with a time of almost 30 minutes.

Not diminishing the feat of getting all of these full bodies rigs to the finish line, but wanted to give a frame of reference on how fast it can be ran.

And as Clutchee said, Asylum is arguably the hardest trail. It's shorter than Tackett, and it’s as brutal as Upper Upper Tackett, but it's nonstop. You enter the trail and it is pretty much a nonstop fight until the end.

wonder how they compare to lions den
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »

Planning your 2021 body work budget?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »

exactly
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »

exactly
Judging by youtube you should just find a new body

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:18:08 PM by TravisMac »
Travis Macdonald

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »
This seems more enjoyable than 24 hours straight
Travis Macdonald

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2020, 08:25:10 AM »

exactly
Judging by youtube you should just find a new body

/>

damn
I wanna crawl really technical obstacles such as the  spot these guys worked thru in this video SO badly. Video like that is difficult for me to watch I wanna be driving it myself so intensely.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM