BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Jango

• Visitor
Re: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 11:21:59 AM »
I watched this as well and thought it was pretty neat. Film quality is pretty high I would say. There is a little added stuff that I could care less for. You can tell the drivers could care less about the "pink helmet" penalty even though it was prefaced as a big deal.

I would be interested to see how it is wheeling with as many film crew people as seen in some shots. I wonder if they try to do retakes of stuff. That would probably bug me if I just got over an obstacle and was asked to do it again because they need a different angle or something.

That land does look awesome and would love to wheel that location in the future. Constant rocks and constant BIG rocks looks awesome.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the videos released!
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
You can tell the drivers could care less about the "pink helmet" penalty even though it was prefaced as a big deal.

It's just marketing. Marvin and his dad created that company. From the Axel website:

"AXEL Off Road was founded 2012 by Axel and Marvin Stammel - as a father & son business. With several decades of wheeling experience around the USA and in Europe..."

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
I believe that was the name brand helmet I used to have.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 12:03:35 PM »
I believe that was the name brand helmet I used to have.
Wow, then I think I got a hell of a deal from you, presuming that's the one I have. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »
That trail looks intense. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. Its sort of funny that none of them are wearing a helmet (like the intent of the Axel Offroad helmets) on any of the sketchy/difficult climbs but their using it as a pun for not making an obstacle. Seems like a bad advertising campaign to me.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »
You can tell the drivers could care less about the "pink helmet" penalty even though it was prefaced as a big deal.

It's just marketing. Marvin and his dad created that company. From the Axel website:

"AXEL Off Road was founded 2012 by Axel and Marvin Stammel - as a father & son business. With several decades of wheeling experience around the USA and in Europe..."

Ahhh that's makes sense. thanks for clarifying
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
This video, I think, is better than the first one.  Shows some stuff that the other video didn't show like some breaks and stuff.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2020, 04:49:58 PM »
This video, I think, is better than the first one.  Shows some stuff that the other video didn't show like some breaks and stuff.

Much better video. Thanks for sharing.  That place is legit.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »
Here is a third video, it is pretty good but the ads pop up like every 5 minutes and makes it tough to watch.

Matt's air compressor running all the time to keep his front locked is so annoying and is just another reason I am so damn happy I am ditching my selectable front locker. 

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »
Man that compressor would drive me nuts! I read on hardline though that the locker itself is cracked and thats why it's leaking. So either have it run or spent 750 on a new locker..
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Man that compressor would drive me nuts! I read on hardline though that the locker itself is cracked and thats why it's leaking. So either have it run or spent 750 on a new locker..

Yep, a little noise is cheaper than $750
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2020, 01:29:30 PM »
Here is a third video, it is pretty good but the ads pop up like every 5 minutes and makes it tough to watch.

Matt's air compressor running all the time to keep his front locked is so annoying and is just another reason I am so damn happy I am ditching my selectable front locker. 

/>

What are you going with, Detroit? I love mine in the rear and when the time comes to go with tons it'll be Detroit front and rear.

His compressor noises make it almost unbearable to watch. If it wasn't for my adblocker I'd have given up on it by now. I'm still shocked he was able to take that JK up the trail. It's impressive for sure!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM