BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma  (Read 2270 times)

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
Re: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »
We are headed to this park in October. Hope it is worth the trip.If not Clayton, Superlift and SMORR will help make it a fun trip.
Marty

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2020, 02:20:54 PM »
We are headed to this park in October. Hope it is worth the trip.If not Clayton, Superlift and SMORR will help make it a fun trip.

Killer trip. Would love to do something like this in a year or two

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2020, 02:54:07 PM »
Man that compressor would drive me nuts! I read on hardline though that the locker itself is cracked and thats why it's leaking. So either have it run or spent 750 on a new locker..

Yep, a little noise is cheaper than $750
two things:  1) Really, only $750 for the new locker...seems cheap for an ARB.  B) If it's just a leak, surely an entire locker isn't needed. 

I'm watching the vid now...maybe it'll be clearer later, but I'm not being annoyed by any noises, and I haven't heard the explanation yet on the locker.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2020, 02:58:17 PM »
Man that compressor would drive me nuts! I read on hardline though that the locker itself is cracked and thats why it's leaking. So either have it run or spent 750 on a new locker..

two things:  1) Really, only $750 for the new locker...seems cheap for an ARB.  B) If it's just a leak, surely an entire locker isn't needed. 

I'm watching the vid now...maybe it'll be clearer later, but I'm not being annoyed by any noises, and I haven't heard the explanation yet on the locker.
https://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/threads/the-jk-was-not-ready-for-this-24hr-trail-ride.62252/post-751485

yeah those things are more expensive than i thought, though I'm sure BK probably pays closer to 700-750
https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2068721-dana-44-arb-air-locker-rd116-30-spline-3-92-up.html
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »

SMORR's is a blast! Flat Nasty is about 35 to 40 minutes from SMORR's and it's a fun little park as well.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline extremetownie

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • He's a loser she said
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2020, 07:18:06 PM »
We went to Mid America Park a few weeks ago. Words can not describe the place. I was like an all inclusive resort for 4 wheeling. There was free beer,free food,free margaritas, free daiquiries, free bar at the pool,at least 12 food vendors,and trails everywhere. But i did not see any big rocks like that other place.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »
We went to Mid America Park a few weeks ago. Words can not describe the place. I was like an all inclusive resort for 4 wheeling. There was free beer,free food,free margaritas, free daiquiries, free bar at the pool,at least 12 food vendors,and trails everywhere. But i did not see any big rocks like that other place.
Uhm, that's a party!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2020, 07:23:34 PM »
At the pool?! Wtf. Did you take any pics of this place??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »

Not really.

When the compressor is running off and on, it means the locker is locking and unlocking. Mine did it at Chocco and I’m convinced that was what broke my axle shaft.  Unlocked and then locked w wheel speed. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
Here is a third video, it is pretty good but the ads pop up like every 5 minutes and makes it tough to watch.

Matt's air compressor running all the time to keep his front locked is so annoying and is just another reason I am so damn happy I am ditching my selectable front locker. 

/>

What are you going with, Detroit? I love mine in the rear and when the time comes to go with tons it'll be Detroit front and rear.

His compressor noises make it almost unbearable to watch. If it wasn't for my adblocker I'd have given up on it by now. I'm still shocked he was able to take that JK up the trail. It's impressive for sure!
I have a Detroit in the rear.  But decided on a Yukon Grizzly for the front.  Same as a Detroit, just made by Yukon.  About $100 cheaper than the Detroit and a life time warranty

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »

Not really.

When the compressor is running off and on, it means the locker is locking and unlocking. Mine did it at Chocco and I’m convinced that was what broke my axle shaft.  Unlocked and then locked w wheel speed.
Plus the pump will give out eventually.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2020, 08:47:02 PM »
Sounds like you never left the hotel.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM