BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma  (Read 2289 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 06:48:25 AM »
Learned a lot of people on there were required to be there for sponsors. Interesting fact is all.

that world is wiley and weird. I got toes in it by favoring Synergy Mfg and touting them so avidly back when jko had regulars & was courting vendors. It was almost effortless after they started sending stuff , others followed  ...it is amazing how badly manufacturers want grapevine or wordofnouth about their products. I can imagine folks like the litebrites and that chief blue jku lady ( annoying as all getout) actually are aggressive in the pursuit , probably pay for very little aside from fuel .

Ipolitely put a stop after I declined a wrap-vert on my mallcrawler nor could I be held to be required to go on rides annually (w/my job = no way possible) . Some make their life out of the common practice .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:52:47 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »
Learned a lot of people on there were required to be there for sponsors. Interesting fact is all.
Some make their life out of the common practice .

Free parts are great and all but they don’t buy groceries. how much actual cash does this kind of stuff yield?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »

Free parts are great and all but they don’t buy groceries. how much actual cash does this kind of stuff yield?

They make their money off their YouTube channels
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2020, 07:56:17 AM »

YouTube pays the bills while sponsors pay for the builds. I’ve done enough research* about how to be a professional influencer to know that it’s crazy lucrative if you’re good at it but it’s also truly a full time job.

*I did said research because I couldn’t believe how many nice things these stupid YouTube kids could afford to have after some conversations at work.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 08:22:35 AM »

YouTube pays the bills while sponsors pay for the builds. I’ve done enough research* about how to be a professional influencer to know that it’s crazy lucrative if you’re good at it but it’s also truly a full time job.

*I did said research because I couldn’t believe how many nice things these stupid YouTube kids could afford to have after some conversations at work.
And a money pit if you're bad https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/instagram-influencer-admits-his-mum-works-two-jobs-to-pay-for-his-lifestyle/

I just wonder how many are putting up a front. I know what kind of revenue ads generate (1 cent - 3 cents per view, exclusive of ad blocked views), and some of these channels can only be making a few hundred bucks per video at MOST. With the time taken to shoot, edit, plus other expenses (in the case of wheeling videos: gas, meals on the road, a trailer, wear and tear on both rig and truck, etc...) they can't be pocketing much at the end of the day.

For example, take Matt's first video. It's currently at 19,000 views +-. So 19,000 * 2 cents per view: $380. He's in Alabama, so 1,100 miles round trip to OK at lets estimate $2.25 per gallon of diesel and 12mpg = $206 just to get there. We'll assume a tank of gas to run that trail for 24 hours = another $40. That doesn't account for wear and tear on truck and trailer, meals on the road, wear and tear on the trail rig, or any broken parts and he's already down to $134 for a ton of work. He will likely get a few more views over the next few weeks on part 1, but most of his trail ride videos are between 20k-30k views. Some of his bouncer videos definitely have more. Another important piece is this is all independent contractor money, so tax rate is MUCH higher, plus he still needs health insurance, retirement, etc...

I know some people make more per video, but I still think some of these guys are putting up a front just to try to be an youtube star.
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 09:15:11 AM »
I think it one of the videos they say his trans pump wasn’t working...that’s internal to the trans right?  Doesn’t sound like a trail fix.

Pump is part of the torque converter.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Online extremetownie

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • He's a loser she said
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 01:42:03 PM »
I think it one of the videos they say his trans pump wasn’t working...that’s internal to the trans right?  Doesn’t sound like a trail fix.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the pump is actually located behind the torque converter. It is what you slide the torque converter on before you install the tranny.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »

& merch

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2020, 07:47:34 AM »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »

Online bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »
I have heard a group of 5 did it in 1.5hrs. Also read one did it in 30 minutes. [smoke]  [spectator2]
Marty

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
I have heard a group of 5 did it in 1.5hrs. Also read one did it in 30 minutes. [smoke]  [spectator2]

id believe it. Carnage Canyon is about the same length and we spent maybe 4hrs on it and stopped ALOT.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM