BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GA -> Yellowstone -> Moab -> GA Trip  (Read 788 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: GA -> Yellowstone -> Moab -> GA Trip
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2020, 01:48:47 AM »
I thought BFE was closed...so it's great to see it's not.  BFE is freaking awesome!
It is closed but that trail i was on is still open because its owned by the state or county.

Did a lot of reading on bfe on forums tonight. Basically new guy bought others out. Wants to shutdown the trail I was on so he can get insurance. Build cabins, shower house, etc. Charge a membership, etc. Looks like bfe was bought a a while back to keep other landowners from shutting down the area.

You can wheel bfe on special events. Not sure what constitutes as a special event. Ultra 4 is having a race in BFE next month. Going live without spectators. Not sure the trails but I see  a lot of distruction going on depending on the trails. That cayon I ran wasnt wide but no huge borders. Ought to be crazy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2020, 01:59:19 AM »
I thought BFE was closed...so it's great to see it's not.  BFE is freaking awesome!
It is closed but that trail i was on is still open because its owned by the state or county.

Did a lot of reading on bfe on forums tonight. Basically new guy bought others out. Wants to shutdown the trail I was on so he can get insurance. Build cabins, shower house, etc. Charge a membership, etc. Looks like bfe was bought a a while back to keep other landowners from shutting down the area.

You can wheel bfe on special events. Not sure what constitutes as a special event. Ultra 4 is having a race in BFE next month. Going live without spectators. Not sure the trails but I see  a lot of distruction going on depending on the trails. That cayon I ran wasnt wide but no huge borders. Ought to be crazy.

ok...that's good information if I ever get back out there, it'll be a special event :) 

I remember seeing the mine when we were there, but never approached it.

There is so much there they could make it go from mild to wild (Britney Spears loop and Helderado (incl the upper section beyond the waterfall)).
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2020, 05:13:38 AM »
Did fins and things and Strike Ravine

- fins is pretty straight forward. Gets eerie going because you see the sky only and then you cannot see the sides because it stops off.

- strike was cool because it ran through the mountains and mostly through a rock river bottom minus the water. Had a huge bolder in the trail and stuff enough room to get around without eating the body or rolling off. This trail came out in Area BFE which i didn't know and its closed down. Really nice trailers with area bfe on them in the parking lot. I have heard of the trail Black Flag and the entrance was nasty. Its a rear steer 42" buggy trail. Flat awesome.

Yes that is a famous area where GATR has got a lot of great pictures from over the years.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2020, 05:43:28 AM »
Did fins and things and Strike Ravine

- fins is pretty straight forward. Gets eerie going because you see the sky only and then you cannot see the sides because it stops off.

- strike was cool because it ran through the mountains and mostly through a rock river bottom minus the water. Had a huge bolder in the trail and stuff enough room to get around without eating the body or rolling off. This trail came out in Area BFE which i didn't know and its closed down. Really nice trailers with area bfe on them in the parking lot. I have heard of the trail Black Flag and the entrance was nasty. Its a rear steer 42" buggy trail. Flat awesome.

Yes that is a famous area where GATR has got a lot of great pictures from over the years.
Did they rename Coyote Canyon to Strike Ravine?  I don't recall SR, but definitely 'member CC! 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2020, 07:27:25 AM »
Coyote Canyon is a different trail close to but not on Area BFE.  Strike Ravine was a loop trail that was at the end of the easy trail that Britney Spears was on.

Map: https://www.areabfe.com/trails/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:29:47 AM by BigPrince »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:40 AM »
Coyote Canyon is a different trail close to but not on Area BFE.  Strike Ravine was a loop trail that was at the end of the easy trail that Britney Spears was on.

Ok...I recalled that trail, but didn't know the name.  Thanx.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 11:13:13 PM »

Strike wasnt bad at all. There was a boulder that was in the trail close to a ledge made it fun to get around without taking the fenders off

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2020, 10:24:20 PM »
Lauch pad on gold stike was a freaking climb. Solid tracking but 32 degrees or something....I really don't like roller coasters and that's what it reminded me of.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »
Went to Moab about a month ago. We only did Klondike area.

Here is a pic of our rented Sahara coming down baby steps
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2020, 09:31:14 AM »
Went to Moab about a month ago. We only did Klondike area.

Here is a pic of our rented Sahara coming down baby steps
Aaesome.

I never posted the rest of my pictures.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM