BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: September 18th - 20th AOP pictures, video's, lies and carnage  (Read 859 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: September 18th - 20th AOP pictures, video's, lies and carnage
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 07:47:20 PM »
The red one

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »
You guys were awesome spotters for my awful driving. Bless Sherry for capturing the entire thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 06:47:35 AM »
pfft
both you and Jeremy drove great all day. so did Chuck. It's AWESOME Sherry got these on video. We've never tried this trail before .
I'll remind that @Trailabite took the black #46 on first & was why we 3 followed. He made it look simple. My bonehead didn't record thier ascent  [rolleyes]
Such a great weekend ; I really needed one.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:48:51 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
I HAVE to get hydraulic assist steering.  The reason I have to bump the throttle changing directions is so the steering will move.  $$2500 PSC kit, $1200 RCV's, $500 Reid Knuckles .... Sigh

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 09:31:34 AM »
The hydro-assist made a world of difference.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »
I HAVE to get hydraulic assist steering.  The reason I have to bump the throttle changing directions is so the steering will move.  $$2500 PSC kit, $1200 RCV's, $500 Reid Knuckles .... Sigh
Reid Knuckles are not a good investment in your application. 

When was the las time you saw a knuckle that was less than 20 years old break?  It’s extremely rare.     You just don’t gain much from them at all on a modern axle.   IMO

If you had an old 1 ton truck axle...yea.  Those old knuckles that have had a lot of use and age can break... saw Larry do it(twice) and Hay did it recently.   But the new ones are good to go. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »

When was the las time you saw a knuckle that was less than 20 years old break?  It’s extremely rare.     You just don’t gain much from them at all on a modern axle.   IMO

If you had an old 1 ton truck axle...yea.  Those old knuckles that have had a lot of use and age can break... saw Larry do it(twice) and Hay did it recently.   But the new ones are good to go. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll just paint mine orange.   lmao lmao

Jorge broke one at Chocco - Dana 30 but same knuckles.  Everyone froze when we were on George Winter at AOP because we heard this BIG SNAP when I slammed down off of a rock.  Believe it was a spring reseating but my heart stopped.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »

Jorge broke one at Chocco - Dana 30 but same knuckles.  Everyone froze when we were on George Winter at AOP because we heard this BIG SNAP when I slammed down off of a rock.  Believe it was a spring reseating but my heart stopped.
Replace the knuckles.  Tony asked a question, you answered it.  Don't let that what happened to Jorge happen to you.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »

Replace the knuckles.  Tony asked a question, you answered it.  Don't let that what happened to Jorge happen to you.
Jorge has broken a lot of stuff that you don’t see break very often at all.

His broken knuckle was an anomaly . 

But it’s not my money.  You want new knuckles, go for it.  Certainly won’t hurt anything. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 03:21:14 PM »

Jorge has broken a lot of stuff that you don’t see break very often at all.

His broken knuckle was an anomaly . 

But it’s not my money.  You want new knuckles, go for it.  Certainly won’t hurt anything.
I was just spending big Mike's money...no problemo.

It would be nice to have a complete list of Jorge's breaks.  I recall an axle tube being one thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »

I WILL make fun of you if you paint your knuckles anything but pink
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:35:35 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 04:33:39 PM »
I gotta be honest and admit I didnt not try to break my front housing last week but I failed.

I tell you, after seeing what that 3 speed Atlas did for @j-dubya 's XJ - and that cutting brake action he could pull off w/ his mega ebrake setup - I will have something like that someday.

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM