BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Moving, not moving! MOVING!  (Read 6080 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Moving, not moving! MOVING!
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »
Is the house you just bought the place where you want to retire?  With the market you'd probably make money but another move would suck.  Can you work it out to be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and work remote the other days? 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2021, 11:24:48 AM »
Is the house you just bought the place where you want to retire?  With the market you'd probably make money but another move would suck.  Can you work it out to be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and work remote the other days? 

No, the house we're in now just got us closer to the grankids and provided a space for Sherry's gpa. Eventually, when gpa passes or as we say, when he moves out, Sherry and I would be looking for more of a retirement place. As for being in the office, that is still under discussions. Atlanta has some big transit projects coming up and I could be spending a lot of time there. But, if everything goes like we think it will, I would be spending an equal amount of time in Florida and Washington D.C. area's as well. And that's the point I'm trying to impress on my boss, it doesn't matter where I'm living I'm going to be traveling anyways.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »

No, the house we're in now just got us closer to the grankids and provided a space for Sherry's gpa. Eventually, when gpa passes or as we say, when he moves out, Sherry and I would be looking for more of a retirement place. As for being in the office, that is still under discussions. Atlanta has some big transit projects coming up and I could be spending a lot of time there. But, if everything goes like we think it will, I would be spending an equal amount of time in Florida and Washington D.C. area's as well. And that's the point I'm trying to impress on my boss, it doesn't matter where I'm living I'm going to be traveling anyways.

Tell the boss "look sparky, I'm going to live in Nashville and good luck running this shitshow without me".  Something will happen. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2021, 10:25:13 AM »
Been looking at apartments in and around Roswell, looks like the rental market has gone a little crazy as well. I looked a farther out (Cumming) and it's not much cheaper up there.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2022, 10:27:43 AM »
I milked it as long as I could. My boss called this morning as said get back to Atlanta ASAP.
Chuck & Sherry

Online Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »
its all gone a bit crazy around here, heck everywhere I think.  Interest rates up, supply down...

CityWalk in roswell use to be affordable, kind of.  Not sure any more though.

a few years back, I was only in town a couple days a week at most.  I just stayed at a hotel for those night or two a week/month.  It was a great year...
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »
I milked it as long as I could. My boss called this morning as said get back to Atlanta ASAP.

So are you leaving Sherrie up there and coming back to the ATL?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2022, 07:23:42 PM »

So are you leaving Sherrie up there and coming back to the ATL?
Ha, that will never happen!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2022, 09:19:22 PM »
its all gone a bit crazy around here, heck everywhere I think.  Interest rates up, supply down...

CityWalk in roswell use to be affordable, kind of.  Not sure any more though.

a few years back, I was only in town a couple days a week at most.  I just stayed at a hotel for those night or two a week/month.  It was a great year...
We will most likely sell the house here in TN, invest that money and just rent for a year or 2 and see if things settle down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2022, 05:13:17 PM »
Rented a house in Martins Landing in Roswell today. I hate renting sight unseen but, it's crazy out there even on the rentals. If you can believe the property management company there was 4 of us trying to rent this house. Insane!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2022, 06:16:01 PM »
Rented a house in Martins Landing in Roswell today. I hate renting sight unseen but, it's crazy out there even on the rentals. If you can believe the property management company there was 4 of us trying to rent this house. Insane!
I believe it.
My daughter was looking for a rental about 3 months ago and had the same issue.  It was very frustrating

Online Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2022, 08:41:22 PM »
that's not to far from me.  good location
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE