BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Moving, not moving! MOVING!  (Read 3610 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Moving, not moving! MOVING!
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2020, 08:21:16 AM »
Sell while you can! We are on an unsustainable housing market path IMO (regardless of election results). 

I am trying to get my parents to sell now instead in say 3 years when their house will be worth less and slower to sell.
Could they rent if they sold? Depending on the house they could grab a decent amount of cash to invest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My parents are late 70s pushing 80. They need to (well they don’t realize they need to but...) downsize to a single level home from the 2 story on 5.5 acres they have been in since ‘77. So yea there is a lot of equity sitting there.

My parents are a similar age and did this a few years ago. They are in Sun City Center, FL, now with the rest of the aging boomers. No lawn work, no pool maintenance, and just a small 1 floor house that's easy to maintain. Plus a very active neighborhood to keep them busy. They now have several relatives on my moms side that live on the same street
This would be cool, but in Moab, in a jeep community lol.

That sounds like an awful retirement.  There is a lot more to life than wheeling, well, for most.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2020, 08:49:11 AM »
Sell while you can! We are on an unsustainable housing market path IMO (regardless of election results). 

I am trying to get my parents to sell now instead in say 3 years when their house will be worth less and slower to sell.
Could they rent if they sold? Depending on the house they could grab a decent amount of cash to invest.

My parents are late 70s pushing 80. They need to (well they don’t realize they need to but...) downsize to a single level home from the 2 story on 5.5 acres they have been in since ‘77. So yea there is a lot of equity sitting there.

My parents are a similar age and did this a few years ago. They are in Sun City Center, FL, now with the rest of the aging boomers. No lawn work, no pool maintenance, and just a small 1 floor house that's easy to maintain. Plus a very active neighborhood to keep them busy. They now have several relatives on my moms side that live on the same street

That sounds like an awful retirement.  There is a lot more to life than wheeling, well, for most.

Are you suggesting people shouldn't do what they want to do, because it's not what you would do?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »

Are you suggesting people shouldn't do what they want to do, because it's not what you would do?

No, are you suggesting I can't voice my opinion?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:05:44 AM by BigMike »

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2020, 09:36:54 AM »

there is a crap ton of other stuff to do around moab, most outdoors, but still not just wheeling. and to be fair BM, it would be life if your jeep worked.....
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »

there is a crap ton of other stuff to do around moab, most outdoors, but still not just wheeling. and to be fair BM, it would be life if your jeep worked.....
Oh crap...looks like Justin had a BM on BM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:49:16 AM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:06 AM »

But you'd have to live in UT, no thanks.  And my Jeep works just fine.  I didn't see you at the mall last weekend.  Is yours broken again?   lmao lmao

Back to your regularly scheduled thread - Chuck's move to???????

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »

But you'd have to live in UT, no thanks.  And my Jeep works just fine.  I didn't see you at the mall last weekend.  Is yours broken again?   lmao lmao

Utah is an amazing state.  I would definitely consider moving there.  Colorado too. If you love the outdoors it’s nirvana

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2020, 04:52:20 PM »

Utah is an amazing state.  I would definitely consider moving there.  Colorado too. If you love the outdoors it’s nirvana
We may make a west move after Sherry's gpa passes on.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2020, 08:36:33 AM »
We ended up getting 5 offers on our house. All above our asking price.

So, we went up to Clarksville to look at some homes. Its just as bad up there. Houses were getting offers and going under contract before we could get to them to look at them. Made it to the last one on our list later Saturday and it was the one that the one who must be obeyed said she wanted. Made an offer and it was accepted this morning.

Now, we just need to get through inspections!

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2020, 08:43:53 AM »

So, we went up to Clarksville to look at some homes. Its just as bad up there. Houses were getting offers and going under contract before we could get to them to look at them. Made it to the last one on our list later Saturday and it was the one that the one who must be obeyed said she wanted. Made an offer and it was accepted this morning.

congrats.
it will feel even more wise once market is less favorable to sellers on down the road.

I , for one , think you're gonna like the area and I also hope it's many a year until gpaw passes & you decide to move to n go join the utah trail riders out West.

let me know when ya move so I can come by to borrow your welder and a cup of sugar ...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2020, 08:44:44 AM »

Congrats!

Now to change the thread title: Moving, not moving! Moving!
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:01 AM »

Congrats!

Nashville area (and out like Clarksville) is a hot market.  Been looking at lake properties around the Nashville area for awhile.

If you need a drink, my buddy Patrick McKenna who's been on some rides with us runs Black Dog Spirits and Ale in Pleasant View, TN exit 24 on 24 down the road from y'all.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM