BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Moving, not moving! MOVING!  (Read 5939 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Moving, not moving! MOVING!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
Congratulations, Chuck and Sherri!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline extremetownie

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • He's a loser she said
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »
When i moved to TN 14 years ago,from Ga. I thought what in the hell am i doing. Now i believe it is the one of best decisions i ever made.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2020, 07:36:25 AM »
Take the last train.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2020, 08:08:51 AM »
Take the last train.

Quit monkeying around....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2020, 07:35:04 PM »
Congrats you guys!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
Oh what fun we've been having!

I don't even know how to start this story. As I posted earlier, we were suppose to close on our house in GA on the 10th. Due to the buyers using a conventional loan Sherry and I were able to go and sign our portion of the paper work on the 9th. So we did and then headed up to TN. The buyers were to sign their paper work at 3pm EST on the 10th. I receive a phone call around 4:30 EST on the 10th from my realtor, (thinking it was a congratulatory call) and she says are you sitting down, I said I am and she says the buyers failed to close, WHAT?

Apparently, one of the buyers lost their job 2 days before closing and it was not mentioned to anybody and while they were signing the paper work there is a form from the lending company asking for verification that there has been no changes to your employment and that person could not sign it. CASE CLOSED.

Sherry and I are in TN, sitting in a motel because we close on our new house the very next morning. We have all of our stuff with the movers heading this way and now have to cancel our closing. We went from drinking a bottle of Champaign to throwing it against the wall in a split second lol.

Luckily, the owners of our new house were nice enough to let us take early occupancy (after I paid them up front for two months rent) with a promise to close by the end of January. So, yes, there is a good part, we are in the house and all of our stuff made it as planned. We also have our house under a new contract to close on 1/15/21.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
Glad you got to get into the house. I'm sure you expected problems due to 2020! Thank you for the update. And good luck with everything.
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2020, 11:46:14 AM »
Oh what fun we've been having!

I don't even know how to start this story. As I posted earlier, we were suppose to close on our house in GA on the 10th. Due to the buyers using a conventional loan Sherry and I were able to go and sign our portion of the paper work on the 9th. So we did and then headed up to TN. The buyers were to sign their paper work at 3pm EST on the 10th. I receive a phone call around 4:30 EST on the 10th from my realtor, (thinking it was a congratulatory call) and she says are you sitting down, I said I am and she says the buyers failed to close, WHAT?

Apparently, one of the buyers lost their job 2 days before closing and it was not mentioned to anybody and while they were signing the paper work there is a form from the lending company asking for verification that there has been no changes to your employment and that person could not sign it. CASE CLOSED.

Sherry and I are in TN, sitting in a motel because we close on our new house the very next morning. We have all of our stuff with the movers heading this way and now have to cancel our closing. We went from drinking a bottle of Champaign to throwing it against the wall in a split second lol.

Luckily, the owners of our new house were nice enough to let us take early occupancy (after I paid them up front for two months rent) with a promise to close by the end of January. So, yes, there is a good part, we are in the house and all of our stuff made it as planned. We also have our house under a new contract to close on 1/15/21.
Wow man. That's some bad luck! Glad it seems to be working out for you guys though
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »
I guess this is why Realtors always try to get a back up or 2. Sounds like a rough ride though. Congrats on the new home.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »
dang...that stinks, but you and Sherri always make the best of it...and come out ok. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2020, 01:12:00 PM »
😮 Murphy’s Law I guess....and my wife calls me a pessimist.

Glad you guys are at least out of the hotel!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »
I guess this is why Realtors always try to get a back up or 2. Sounds like a rough ride though. Congrats on the new home.

By the time we got to closing on it the backups had already moved on. The house went back on the market Friday and Monday we had 4 new fresh offers. We went into contract yesterday and we just signed a backup offer this morning. Now we have to go through another home inspection, wait for another appraisal blah blah.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM