CLASSIFIEDS > Drivetrain

Dana 70 Detroit Locker $300

<< < (2/2)

patman:
@Truckin222 I've never used a rear Detroit, but I can confirm that front digs still work with a welded rear as long as you can disconnect the rear. Sure, it's not as good as being unlocked, but with a cutting brake it's pretty dang good, especially on soft ground where the outer tire can slide more easily

Trailabite:
As I stated on hard line, I'm guessing that the rear of your truck is pretty light compared to a full size rig and should slide fairly easy in most cases. However, eventually those little welded spider gear will fall apart and you will probably need this to install later lol.

Scott F.:
@Truckin222 i meant auto transmission.  The Detroit has “slack” like the other full case auto lockers so that it can lock and unlock.  With my manual transmission on the trail, it allowed the vehicle to rock back and forth a foot or so.  With and auto trans, when you are in gear you have the torque converter constantly taking up that “slack.”

Also, the Detroit will ratchet once you disconnect the rear.  When I put it in front wheel drive only, I could tell it would ratchet in turns but most of the time on soft ground the tires would drag so it wasn’t as noticeable.  Out west in high traction places it being able to unlock helped.

Down the road if you add cutting brakes you will be set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version