BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Stock Market  (Read 973 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: Stock Market
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 03:41:20 PM »
Lawsuits have already been filed against Robinhood for halting transactions of certain stocks, and lawmakers on both sides are calling for an investivation.

This could get interesting

the "Free Market" they say. lols. Kinda like free speech, only if they are ok with what you say or who you say it to.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 04:12:52 PM »
Lawsuits have already been filed against Robinhood for halting transactions of certain stocks, and lawmakers on both sides are calling for an investivation.

the "Free Market" they say. lols. Kinda like free speech, only if they are ok with what you say or who you say it to.
You can say almost anything you want, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.  I remember this one time at Hale when I made a very insensitive utterance, and the condemnation was swift; yeah, I was allowed to say it, but it came with a consequence (and a lesson).

I think crazy run-ups and run-downs should be allowed...you get what you get when you play with a crazy stock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 09:41:49 PM »

You can say almost anything you want, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.  I remember this one time at Hale when I made a very insensitive utterance, and the condemnation was swift; yeah, I was allowed to say it, but it came with a consequence (and a lesson).

I think crazy run-ups and run-downs should be allowed...you get what you get when you play with a crazy stock.

What’d you say?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline extremetownie

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • He's a loser she said
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 09:58:34 PM »
I think the previous advice was just to stick with it. Hang on the the Game Stop.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 10:09:19 PM »

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2021, 10:41:26 PM »
Dogecoin on robinhood has been moving. Made quick $39 on $55 buy within a few hours. Do not trust the stability so it was a quick trade.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 06:24:36 AM »
After reading the article below, I understand why RH did what it did, and for those arguing about free markets, it seems to me that RH did what you want a free market business to do:  act on their own best interest

If you don't like how RH behaved, go elsewhere with your money.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/why-robinhood-halted-gamestop-trading/

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 06:51:03 AM »
After reading the article below, I understand why RH did what it did, and for those arguing about free markets, it seems to me that RH did what you want a free market business to do:  act on their own best interest

1) not everyone buys on a margin account
2) the can set it so that a ticker can’t be bought on margin

This article is bullshit. If you don’t understand the fundamentals, you probably shouldn’t go sharing garbage like this
Travis Macdonald

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2021, 07:04:18 AM »

This article is bullshit. If you don’t understand the fundamentals, you probably shouldn’t go sharing garbage like this
In the article itself...maybe you didn't read it?

"In the face of all these risks, a broker would typically increase margin requirements — reducing the amount of leverage allowed to its customers. Robinhood had already done so repeatedly, raising the margin requirement on GameStop first to 80 percent, then to 100 percent. Customers who did not meet those required amounts had their accounts locked. But GameStop is so volatile and so obviously overvalued that Robinhood presumably saw the risk of waiting for customers to deposit as unacceptable. And a meaningful increase in margin requirements would likely trigger a fire sale and effect the outcome Robinhood was trying to avoid."

And I still contend...go somewhere else if you don't like their practices...free market, dude.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Stock Market
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2021, 07:09:20 AM »

"In the face of all these risks, a broker would typically increase margin requirements — reducing the amount of leverage allowed to its customers. Robinhood had already done so repeatedly, raising the margin requirement on GameStop first to 80 percent, then to 100 percent. Customers who did not meet those required amounts had their accounts locked. But GameStop is so volatile and so obviously overvalued that Robinhood presumably saw the risk of waiting for customers to deposit as unacceptable. And a meaningful increase in margin requirements would likely trigger a fire sale and effect the outcome Robinhood was trying to avoid."

And I still contend...go somewhere else if you don't like their practices...free market, dude.

Setting up a new account and moving your securities takes time. In a situation like this you don’t have time to wait.

If it was so risky - the sec should have halted trading (they did for a short period) and the institutional investors would be locked out as well. Schwab/Robinhood/Apex all just locked out retail investors - that is the issue.

Trust me- I will be transferring the rest of what’s in robinhood to tastyworks, but what happened yesterday is market manipulation. Look at the after hours activity this morning - the institutional investors are stocking up while the average Joe is locked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:10:00 AM by TravisMac »
Travis Macdonald

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2021, 07:22:20 AM »

Setting up a new account and moving your securities takes time. In a situation like this you don’t have time to wait.

If it was so risky - the sec should have halted trading (they did for a short period) and the institutional investors would be locked out as well. Schwab/Robinhood/Apex all just locked out retail investors - that is the issue.

Trust me- I will be transferring the rest of what’s in robinhood to tastyworks, but what happened yesterday is market manipulation. Look at the after hours activity this morning - the institutional investors are stocking up while the average Joe is locked out

There ya go...moving along to a different place to trade. 

I do understand your point.  What do you think the remedy for this should be?  Should RH pay money for your lost opportunity?  Shut down RH?  Have the government run RH?

You stated the article was complete BS..can you point me to a better article, maybe one that's not complete BS...or explain it to me in detail here? 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2021, 07:24:17 AM »

There ya go...moving along to a different place to trade. 

I do understand your point.  What do you think the remedy for this should be?  Should RH pay money for your lost opportunity?  Shut down RH?  Have the government run RH?

You stated the article was complete BS..can you point me to a better article, maybe one that's not complete BS...or explain it to me in detail here? 

Pat posted something above.

The issue isn’t retail investors, it’s the hedge funds that shorted 140% of available shares with only like a 50% float. That is what shouldn’t be allowed to happen - the rest is a product of a free market

Travis Macdonald

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM