OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2021

<< < (3/3)

Danny Kinder:

--- Quote from: Trailabite on June 28, 2022, 12:06:52 PM ---Soooo, it's been a year and 3 months from the start of this thread. I'm still working out with a trainer 3 days a week. I changed my diet and almost quit drinking alcohol and I have lost right around 36 pounds but have been at a stand still for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I have also put on 1 pound of muscle over all. Did a blood test last week, good cholesterol is higher than the bad but, per the doctor the ratio is between the two is not good, causing inflammation in my blood, which is an indicator for a heart attack and apparently, I have a fatty liver. So now I'm taking a new cholesterol medication. I might as well just go back to drinking every night and eating two or three steaks and a burger every week.....not really. I also took a food allergy test and although I was not allergic to any foods I do have a high intolerance to beef, chicken, chicken eggs and crab. On the crab I'm like 2 points away from being allergic. I pretty much had already cut back on beef but, I have been eating a ton of chicken and eggs. So now, I'm leaning towards a vegetarian diet to see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you're putting in the work Chuck. Diet can set you back as if you never worked out at all or even worse. Just try going vegan. It's super easy now days. Maybe just substitute two or three meals a week. Every grocery store has vegan food and meat substitutes. Hell even fast food restaurants. A good example that most places offer is Beyond Burgers. They're available everywhere and they have zero cholesterol, zero sugar, and 20 grams of protein per serving. I've been vegan for almost a decade and I'm in the best shape of my life, still 195 lbs at 6,2" 40 y/o and train Muay Thai six days a week. The key is to get rid of the foods that weigh you down and/or make you lethargic. And the ole' saying "move it or lose it" always applies. Just my .02

Trailabite:

--- Quote from: Danny Kinder on July 27, 2022, 04:16:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Trailabite on June 28, 2022, 12:06:52 PM ---Soooo, it's been a year and 3 months from the start of this thread. I'm still working out with a trainer 3 days a week. I changed my diet and almost quit drinking alcohol and I have lost right around 36 pounds but have been at a stand still for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I have also put on 1 pound of muscle over all. Did a blood test last week, good cholesterol is higher than the bad but, per the doctor the ratio is between the two is not good, causing inflammation in my blood, which is an indicator for a heart attack and apparently, I have a fatty liver. So now I'm taking a new cholesterol medication. I might as well just go back to drinking every night and eating two or three steaks and a burger every week.....not really. I also took a food allergy test and although I was not allergic to any foods I do have a high intolerance to beef, chicken, chicken eggs and crab. On the crab I'm like 2 points away from being allergic. I pretty much had already cut back on beef but, I have been eating a ton of chicken and eggs. So now, I'm leaning towards a vegetarian diet to see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you're putting in the work Chuck. Diet can set you back as if you never worked out at all or even worse. Just try going vegan. It's super easy now days. Maybe just substitute two or three meals a week. Every grocery store has vegan food and meat substitutes. Hell even fast food restaurants. A good example that most places offer is Beyond Burgers. They're available everywhere and they have zero cholesterol, zero sugar, and 20 grams of protein per serving. I've been vegan for almost a decade and I'm in the best shape of my life, still 195 lbs at 6,2" 40 y/o and train Muay Thai six days a week. The key is to get rid of the foods that weigh you down and/or make you lethargic. And the ole' saying "move it or lose it" always applies. Just my .02

--- End quote ---

It's been almost a month that I have pretty much cut out all meat except fish and shrimp. Overall cholesterol dropped from 225 to 153. Triglycerides came down as well but, still needs to come down more.

Danny Kinder:

--- Quote from: Trailabite on July 27, 2022, 05:05:55 PM ---It's been almost a month that I have pretty much cut out all meat except fish and shrimp. Overall cholesterol dropped from 225 to 153. Triglycerides came down as well but, still needs to come down more.

--- End quote ---

Hell yeah! Sounds like you're killin it!! That's awesome Chuck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version