OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2021

<< < (2/3) > >>

jd30005:

--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on March 31, 2021, 11:22:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: Trailabite on March 31, 2021, 10:54:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on March 31, 2021, 10:45:31 AM ---Yea I need to start walking ......
Not liking the first six months of being 60 years old.
Looks like I have sleep apnea...waiting on test results.
Gonna have eye surgery for cataract, glaucoma, and
repair my vision in May.

--- End quote ---

Todays technology can bring bring you back 45 lol.

--- End quote ---

Sound like the intro to the Six Million Dollar Man

--- End quote ---
Bionic eye time...

msnajkowski:
When Covid hit, our CrossFit closed for the mandated time. Once we could reopen, we did. I did some workouts at home but very few. Need the push from others to motivate me. I have also started running again. trying to do at least two races a month. SO far the longest I've done this year is a half Marathon trail race.

BigMike:
When I had heart surgery in last November, I went into the hospital at an all time high of 237lbs.  During the hellish 10 day experience, when I was released, I was around 218, frail, and using a walker.  I didn't have a big appetite and ate small portions and continued to lose weight.  I hit the bottom at 211lbs.  I went from BigFatMike to ScrawnySicklyMike.  I had to walk each day which I've kept up since then.  I started cardiac rehab 2 weeks after I got home and used exercise bands.  Fast forward and I've developed a great workout using exercise bands, 90% or more of the muscle is back, and I've been able to maintain around 215.  It's getting harder and I have to be diligent, but I feel so much better and finally back to the weight I need to be.  I've been lifting weights most of my life and I'm shocked at how effective the bands have been. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085ZTRH5V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The handles that came with the bands sucked so I bought these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MV6LPWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blue J:

--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on March 31, 2021, 10:45:31 AM ---Yea I need to start walking ......
Not liking the first six months of being 60 years old.
Looks like I have sleep apnea...waiting on test results.
Gonna have eye surgery for cataract, glaucoma, and
repair my vision in May.

--- End quote ---

I have Sleep Apnea and use a Cpap. Helps me sleep so much better and no more getting tired in the afternoons. I have a battery for camping trips.

Trailabite:
Soooo, it's been a year and 3 months from the start of this thread. I'm still working out with a trainer 3 days a week. I changed my diet and almost quit drinking alcohol and I have lost right around 36 pounds but have been at a stand still for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I have also put on 1 pound of muscle over all. Did a blood test last week, good cholesterol is higher than the bad but, per the doctor the ratio is between the two is not good, causing inflammation in my blood, which is an indicator for a heart attack and apparently, I have a fatty liver. So now I'm taking a new cholesterol medication. I might as well just go back to drinking every night and eating two or three steaks and a burger every week.....not really. I also took a food allergy test and although I was not allergic to any foods I do have a high intolerance to beef, chicken, chicken eggs and crab. On the crab I'm like 2 points away from being allergic. I pretty much had already cut back on beef but, I have been eating a ton of chicken and eggs. So now, I'm leaning towards a vegetarian diet to see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version