BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Armor Advice  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Armor Advice
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
I sure like disconnecting mine! Will, I usually have the phone on till 9 or so but I left it in the Jeep last night. Sorry man, don't hate! ;)
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »
LOL!   :D  But that's the whole jist, disconnected ain't as good!  ;D

EDIT: But a switch on the dash is cool.  Perhaps the Rubi does apply some light pressure when it's disconnected as well.  It would be interesting to know.

Now that I think about it, I am curious too... the motor doesn't disconnect the links, I wonder what it does disconnect... Here is a picture of it:

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15832

tgrt

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
The bar disconnects in the middle within the motor.  You cannot physically see the disconnection.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
Now that I think about it, I am curious too... the motor doesn't disconnect the links, I wonder what it does disconnect... Here is a picture of it:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15832

The linkage is still hooked up, but the bar is released from tension, so you get the full articulation, limited by the reach of the linkage.  I wonder if it would flex more completely disconnected, but I think it does offer some stability control with the design.  Nice set up. 

That things got more electronics on it than most people know.  The anti-skid Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is quite impressive.  It will apply braking to a wheel or release it to provide the optimum traction, and can be disabled with the push of a button.  Neat electronic throttle, with a different ratio when you're in 4 low.  All good stuff.  I recently drove an automatic 08" with 5k that was a steal, but didn't like the on-road power.  I'm sure it's fine off-road, or with the 6 speed. 

BigJerm

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
I recently drove an automatic 08" with 5k that was a steal, but didn't like the on-road power.  I'm sure it's fine off-road, or with the 6 speed. 

this is 90% of the complaints about the JK. It is slow on road. Ok not bad but it is different and takes some getting use to before you know when to press the pedal and where on the power band is the "sweet spot". I will say, driving a manual JK is night and day from the auto and i like it a lot more.

On a side note, I think whoever had my JK Rubicon previous got ESP deactivated somehow. I have manipulated situations where it should come on but it never does. Or it could be the steering wheel was off on my last JK so ESP was way more touchy than if it is all nice and stock and center.

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »
 {btt}

I just pulled the trigger on some AtoZ Fab Rockers.  I was looking them up in the vendor section on JF and noticed he's got the Wheel-Well to WW rockers for TJs now and was running a special on them until the end of the month.  So I went ahead and ordered them, when I get them I'll post pics and install info.   ;D
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

BigJerm

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
good move. I was going to get some AtoZ a long time ago but they were way behind production on the JK sliders.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »
Sweet! Pics when you get them on. I love my TJ, No electronic BS!

tgrt

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
I recently drove an automatic 08" with 5k that was a steal, but didn't like the on-road power.  I'm sure it's fine off-road, or with the 6 speed. 

this is 90% of the complaints about the JK. It is slow on road. Ok not bad but it is different and takes some getting use to before you know when to press the pedal and where on the power band is the "sweet spot". I will say, driving a manual JK is night and day from the auto and i like it a lot more.

It feels nice with 5.13's.  ;D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »

It feels nice with 5.13's.  ;D

Not in the wallet though!

BigJerm

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:49 PM »
he did say 08 so unless it was a Rubicon it has either 3.21 or 3.73 gears, not 4.10

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 03:33:08 PM »
he did say 08 so unless it was a Rubicon it has either 3.21 or 3.73 gears, not 4.10

Definitely a Rubi Unlimited that I was "entertaining" and driving.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM