BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Burris Valley recon ride - Rugged Mountain Ranch - PIC HEAVY  (Read 1101 times)

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Burris Valley recon ride - Rugged Mountain Ranch - PIC HEAVY
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 09:46:25 PM »
This place is awesome, and I will be going back for round two at some point. If you're wondering where my buggy is, it was on the trailer at camp. Never got it backed off after it started dumping trans fluid on the trailer on initial startup Wednesday morning. The closest town is 1 hour away, and a new seal (my seal was new two days before the trip) was 24 hours out, and there's no guarantee the new seal would be different than the seal I already had that wasn't doing the job. I decided to take pics and be a passenger instead of losing a whole day for something that wasn't a sure shot.

I hoped for nice dry heat since we were out "west" but it turned out to be more hot and humid than GA. The park was empty accept for 6 other vehicles, and go figure 2 of them were people I knew from GA. The wheeling world seems small sometimes haha.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that Pat.  You took some incredible pictures.  Looks like some massive rocks everywhere.  Can’t wait to hear the details.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 05:03:10 AM »
Damn what a place for the big boys. That 24 hour of hell video
was bad ass then y'all go and do it....very cool. Great pictures.

If some of them aren't in the POTM contest then I quit. LOL
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 06:41:03 AM »
Awesome pics!  That place looks tough
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 06:53:01 AM »

This place is awesome, and I will be going back for round two at some point. If you're wondering where my buggy is, it was on the trailer at camp. Never got it backed off after it started dumping trans fluid on the trailer on initial startup Wednesday morning. The closest town is 1 hour away, and a new seal (my seal was new two days before the trip) was 24 hours out, and there's no guarantee the new seal would be different than the seal I already had that wasn't doing the job. I decided to take pics and be a passenger instead of losing a whole day for something that wasn't a sure shot.

I hoped for nice dry heat since we were out "west" but it turned out to be more hot and humid than GA. The park was empty accept for 6 other vehicles, and go figure 2 of them were people I knew from GA. The wheeling world seems small sometimes haha.

Was you riding passenger with V in one of the pictures? You are a brave man if so......  lmao lmao [smoke]
Marty

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 07:39:27 AM »

Was you riding passenger with V in one of the pictures? You are a brave man if so......  lmao lmao [smoke]

Oh yea haha

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 08:22:40 AM »
EPIC. When I grow up I want to be you guys.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 08:42:42 AM »
EPIC. When I grow up I want to be you guys.

Same.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2021, 08:49:34 AM »
Damn what a place for the big boys. That 24 hour of hell video
was bad ass then y'all go and do it....very cool. Great pictures.

If some of them aren't in the POTM contest then I quit. LOL
Pat said that if we don't enter photos, he won't another photo.  You'll see some entries in POTM.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2021, 09:31:28 AM »
Awesome pics!  Looks like some diff fluid changing is in order.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 10:02:06 AM »
Awesome pics!  Looks like some diff fluid changing is in order.

Real bad lol. We all also found our cooling system limits, and clark needs a sponsor for hydro lines.

In all seriousness, this place will find your rigs weakness in a heartbeat. There are "bypasses" in most places but even the access trails wouldnt be kind to anything under 37s IMO. Saturdays trail was balls out no bypasses and very steep and off camber. You need proven axles, good cooling, big sticky tires, knowledge of recoveries and repairs, and lots of patience for this place. Correct me if im wrong, but we were in Tackett Creek for close to 13 hrs, we stopped alot and had some repairs to make, but bring a lunch and plenty of water.

I will never, ever go back in the summer months, conditions were great, but the heat was almost unbearable. On top of that you had to watch every step, we saw multiple poisonous snakes and even a damn tarantula. Its the wild west still out there and you are 2hrs from the nearest hospital probably. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:10:34 AM by 8lugLJ »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
There are "bypasses" in most places but even the access trails wouldnt be kind to anything under 37s IMO.

I almost forgot that Wes had to winch with sticky 42s on the camp access trail Thursday evening when we went back early to look at my buggy and move some meat to the fridge.

From what I recall:
Tony- overheated/fan relay issues
Justin- overheated
Wes- front locker and hub issue
Clark- 2 hydro line repairs at the pump
Pat- transmission seal failure (guessing)

The nearest town is 1 hour away, and if they don't have a part then OK City is 3 hours one way.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2021, 02:41:29 PM »
There are "bypasses" in most places but even the access trails wouldnt be kind to anything under 37s IMO.

I almost forgot that Wes had to winch with sticky 42s on the camp access trail Thursday evening when we went back early to look at my buggy and move some meat to the fridge.

From what I recall:
Tony- overheated/fan relay issues
Justin- overheated--Tow pig also ate a hub(which i had) and blew 2 trailer tires on return trip
Wes- front locker and hub issue
Clark- 2 hydro line repairs at the pump
Pat- transmission seal failure (guessing)

The nearest town is 1 hour away, and if they don't have a part then OK City is 3 hours one way.

that 1hr to town drive is a 20 mile dirt road btw.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM