BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AOP pictures October 23rd  (Read 630 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: AOP pictures October 23rd
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 12:25:02 PM »
Ha! The only pictures I got was off the trailer and back on the trailer. Over heated and blew a water hose apart on the back radiator. It was pretty awesome having steaming water blowing on the back of my head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Did the hose break or just come off the fitting? Did you get burnt?

Post some pics of your radiator setup. I know you have some weird dual radiator thing going on

Didn't get burnt, just real warm lol. It slipped off a fitting. After the blow out the temp dropped back down to just under 200* and stayed there until I got back to the camp ground area and then all of a sudden it dropped to 160* and then shot back up to 230* and then back down 200*. The temp gauge was sitting under 200* and you could here the engine go into limp mode at which time I shut the engine down. The back radiator was warm and had pressure on it. The front radiator was hot on top but where it goes into the engine it was cold to the touch. So it makes me thing the t-stat is sticking closed. Could be another air bubble, IDK. I will (should have) change out the t-stat regardless. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to keep the dual setup.

Those temp swings are air bubbles. Do both radiators have caps? Do you have a bleed screw on the coolant inlet on top of the engine?

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »
How long was it running before it blew? And why 2 radiators?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:32 PM »
Ha! The only pictures I got was off the trailer and back on the trailer. Over heated and blew a water hose apart on the back radiator. It was pretty awesome having steaming water blowing on the back of my head.

Post some pics of your radiator setup. I know you have some weird dual radiator thing going on

Didn't get burnt, just real warm lol. It slipped off a fitting. After the blow out the temp dropped back down to just under 200* and stayed there until I got back to the camp ground area and then all of a sudden it dropped to 160* and then shot back up to 230* and then back down 200*. The temp gauge was sitting under 200* and you could here the engine go into limp mode at which time I shut the engine down. The back radiator was warm and had pressure on it. The front radiator was hot on top but where it goes into the engine it was cold to the touch. So it makes me thing the t-stat is sticking closed. Could be another air bubble, IDK. I will (should have) change out the t-stat regardless. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to keep the dual setup.

Those temp swings are air bubbles. Do both radiators have caps? Do you have a bleed screw on the coolant inlet on top of the engine?

2 caps and I will have to see if there is a bleed screw. I may get one of those airlock purging tools.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2021, 01:22:56 PM »

2 caps and I will have to see if there is a bleed screw. I may get one of those airlock purging tools.
https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-24444-Cooling-System-Refiller/dp/B01BW39HJS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2XHVG38BLU77W&dchild=1&keywords=radiator+vacuum+tool+and+refill+kit&qid=1635182558&sprefix=radiator+vacuu%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-6
Travis Macdonald

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »
How long was it running before it blew? And why 2 radiators?

When I unloaded it from the trailer I let it run idle for about 30 minutes before we went up the hill and it was fine. It blew about 10 minutes later going up the hill just past the play area on the left.

Not sure why it 2 radiators, but that's the ay it was built originally in 2006.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 01:36:26 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-24444-Cooling-System-Refiller/dp/B01BW39HJS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2XHVG38BLU77W&dchild=1&keywords=radiator+vacuum+tool+and+refill+kit&qid=1635182558&sprefix=radiator+vacuu%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-6

I guess the question is will this work with 2 radiators? Seems like I would need to plug one them to hold a vacuum.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 01:40:10 PM »

I guess the question is will this work with 2 radiators? Seems like I would need to plug one them to hold a vacuum.
Leave the cap on one and pull vacuum from the other. The cap is for pressure, not vacuum
Travis Macdonald

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
So I just ran out and looked. The front radiator does not have a cap on it but there is one in the top hose.

Chuck & Sherry

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »
Cap the line to the rear radiator and see if it stays cool, if it doesnt its for lack of airflow. No reason at all to run 2 radiators with the tech available these days with fan and shroud combos. 2 radiators is just 2x the trouble, 2x the amp draw, 2x the stress on the water pump, etc. It would also give you more room in the back as well as open up that rear so you could see better. Just my .02
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM