OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

Jan 15 Forest Service Road Ride

<< < (3/6) > >>

Cannonballkev:
Coppinger cove.  Camp overnight .  Need someone that knows the area, or you will get lost

tjsahara00:

--- Quote from: classified on January 18, 2022, 11:25:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on January 18, 2022, 10:35:02 PM ---It was such a success....
Thanks @classified for the route and leading. Good job at the drivers meeting also. As mentioned before we need to incorporate more of these and possibly make it an overland weekend trip......

Start thinking of some ideas

--- End quote ---

Thank you and Tony for helping keep up with the group, made my job so much easier.

Id like to do an overlanding trip  that still has some wheeling involved. Not necessarily hell's revenge everyday, but at least a reason to use 4wd. Maybe like an ultimate adventure where only a couple people know the route and everyone else is along for the ride. Probably with a little easier wheeling.

--- End quote ---

First we need to do a daytrip or 2 with a river crossing and a spot where you
have to use 4 wheel drive....maybe Beasley Knob. Then plan an overnight
overland trip. We need to find the fine line between forest road and the off
road parks. Once we achieve this > then the newer crowd will want more
and then maybe they will try an off road park.

Cannonballkev:

--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on January 19, 2022, 03:45:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on January 18, 2022, 10:35:02 PM ---It was such a success....
Thanks @classified for the route and leading. Good job at the drivers meeting also. As mentioned before we need to incorporate more of these and possibly make it an overland weekend trip......

--- End quote ---

Thank you and Tony for helping keep up with the group, made my job so much easier.

Id like to do an overlanding trip  that still has some wheeling involved. Not necessarily hell's revenge everyday, but at least a reason to use 4wd. Maybe like an ultimate adventure where only a couple people know the route and everyone else is along for the ride. Probably with a little easier wheeling.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Coppinger cove!

8lugLJ:

--- Quote from: Cannonballkev on January 19, 2022, 04:23:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on January 19, 2022, 03:45:14 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Coppinger cove!

--- End quote ---

First off, its 3 hrs away. 2nd, I maybe wrong, but Im pretty sure they have started ticketing people in there for riding in the creeks, drinking, and trashing the place up. Sounds to me like they are starting to move towards closures. Its also a stretch to call the Cove "overlanding" , its more like beat your brains out on a shitty dirt road and call it wheeling haha.

I suggested the overnight thing before the FS ride and noone really responded. I think we can manage a few roads close to Beasly and then cut up and across the mountain on the main trails with little effort as long as they have good tires and 4wd. There is camping and water crossings close by (as well as inside Beasly) just depends on how far the group wants to go and how long they wanna spend riding/camping/wheeling. If this is a real thing people want to do then all we need is good weather and someone say plan it and it could happen.

tjsahara00:
The way I remembered it was it was thought to be a great idea but was going to need some planning.
 I think it should be in warmer camping weather though. I was counting on you to help with the plans

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version