BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jan 15 Forest Service Road Ride  (Read 812 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: Jan 15 Forest Service Road Ride
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 09:20:58 AM »
Here is an oldie but goodie.  This is when my son would come with me on some trips (he was filming).  Clark at Beasley in 2014

/>

Holy crap. The dude hangin on the front bumper is Tim Colwell, he works at the EMC up here, hes a legend, super nice guy. Never seen that video, thats awesome.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 09:21:20 AM »
Here is an oldie but goodie.  This is when my son would come with me on some trips (he was filming).  Clark at Beasley in 2014

/>

Clark always tries to show of his belly!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 09:30:24 AM »
What about a 3 day trip. Drive out early Friday morning, camp Friday night, drive around Saturday, camp Saturday night and make the drive back home on Sunday? Somewhere in the North GA mountains, Chattanooga area or in the TN Smokey Mountain area. Do some research on back roads and see if we can find anyone with some private property that might have some trails and let us camp.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 09:36:49 AM »

/>
I feel like we need the story behind how this happened! The guy who hopped on the front end has NO fear.

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 11:45:04 AM »
Definitely down for a little warmer weather. There are 2 sides of Beasly with parking still, it would be meet and ride that direction on some dirt, wheel across the gap, camp on the other side, then some could wheel the next day and hit harder stuff if they wanted. Several places to go eat on a Sunday morning that are real close too if anyone needed to bail. All we really need to know is which direction the majority of the group would be coming from to plan a route - Helen-ish, Dawsonville, Buford, or 575/515. Then we would know which roads to hit, maybe even a brewery on our way or at least a good lunch somewhere. The only real issue is weather, they close Beasly if it rains much at all.

What about Black Moose park in dahlonaga (?) as a camp spot Friday, on the way to Beasley area.  Can you camp there? Also, Carolina crawlers park in Young Harris is small but fun, camping available there also.
Just throwing out suggestions
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 08:12:35 AM »
Well Kevin Ralf at Black Moose usually ask for a $30 to $40 donation regardless of 1 day or the weekend.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM