BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AUGUST 12-14 : CHOCCOLOCCO - Pictures, Videos, Lies, and Carnage  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
Re: AUGUST 12-14 : CHOCCOLOCCO - Pictures, Videos, Lies, and Carnage
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 12:11:29 PM »
Was the red gladiator thing later on Saturday after Jason, TJ, and I left?  That was the guy that was stuck and blocking the trail when we started to go up Burrow or Picnic I think. So we went to Arsenal…

Definitely very glad everyone made it out safe, many thanks to all you guys who came over to help us on Arsenal/Cooler Dumper. Really fortunate on multiple fronts there. Glad to have all you experienced and capable guys to help out, and being willing to drop everything immediately to do so.

I didn’t get any pictures. Small tire group ran Scenic View, Carnage Canyon, Cherry Bomb/Terminator, and Rubicon before lunch and we had a great time. Perfect dry conditions, I was a rookie and didn’t use bug spray. The chiggers appreciated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chiggers and ants got me a good bit.   Justin got zapped by some hornets; luckily he isn't allergic to them... could have been really bad.

It was late Saturday night;  10 pm or so. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yeah we left bugs were bad. I’m allergic too ants and we were covered.

You say you ran Rubicon before you left?
We ran Rubicon right before heading back to camp for lunch. Went to Arsenal after lunch and that was our last trail, we’d had enough excitement at that point.

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »
Was the red gladiator thing later on Saturday after Jason, TJ, and I left?  That was the guy that was stuck and blocking the trail when we started to go up Burrow or Picnic I think. So we went to Arsenal…

Definitely very glad everyone made it out safe, many thanks to all you guys who came over to help us on Arsenal/Cooler Dumper. Really fortunate on multiple fronts there. Glad to have all you experienced and capable guys to help out, and being willing to drop everything immediately to do so.

I didn’t get any pictures. Small tire group ran Scenic View, Carnage Canyon, Cherry Bomb/Terminator, and Rubicon before lunch and we had a great time. Perfect dry conditions, I was a rookie and didn’t use bug spray. The chiggers appreciated that.

Chiggers and ants got me a good bit.   Justin got zapped by some hornets; luckily he isn't allergic to them... could have been really bad.

Yeah we left bugs were bad. I’m allergic too ants and we were covered.

You say you ran Rubicon before you left?
We ran Rubicon right before heading back to camp for lunch. Went to Arsenal after lunch and that was our last trail, we’d had enough excitement at that point.

I was curious what carnage that red Renegade ended up with if it went through Rubicon
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
Renegade?

Zack

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 06:36:39 PM »

Chiggers got me good as well. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 06:41:24 PM »
Ok so here is the video of my little "accident".   Still makes me a little sick to think how bad this could have been...thank goodness for small miracles.  A few bruises to show for it, but am ok, overall.

/>
Here is a copy of the video description, which has the back-story...

OK, I will preface this by saying I am an idiot and this is 100% my fault.  Thank jeebus no one was behind me.  Was at Choccolocco Offroad park with Georgia Trailriders today and was having issues with my front locker all day.  Which meant a lot of winching on loose, rocky soil.  When I was trying to winch up one trail, my winch rope broke at the attachment point.  I thought I had enough wraps to still pull me up.  So, I'm in the Jeep and it's in drive, and I get out (what I think will be briefly) to see if the winch can pull me at this time.  We decide to unspool the winch and re-attach the rope.  The jeep is hot from pulling already, so I decide to turn off the jeep while we work on it, totally forgetting it's not in park (NEVER LEAVE YOUR RIG WHEN IT'S NOT IN PARK!!).  As soon as I key it off, it flies backward down the hill and eventually catches the bank and turns on it's side.  Amazingly, only minor body damage, and not even a broken windshield.  We flipped it back on it's wheels (great group, GATR...never leaves a man behind!!) and after turning the motor over by hand for a bit, I was brave enough to try & start it and it fired right up!  I must be living right....or got lucky or something.  I am sharing this because I don't want anyone else to make this mistake.  Ugh

I don't think I've ever done that before that day...gotten out of my rig while it wasn't off or in park....was frustrated and got in a hurry and learned a very valuable lesson.   Thanks to all who helped me get it righted and started back up. 

I have a bunch more GoPro video I need to go through...I will make a full ride video soon.  I will post some more pics here shortly, including my axle, which was the start of this mess...
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 07:22:46 PM »
pics 1/many
Jason

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:50 PM »
Pics 2/?
Jason

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:47 PM »
OK, well this stupid site doesn't want to let me put more pics up.  When I pulled my front passenger axle today, it had broken at the splines.  Need to retrieve the end of the axle.  The broken axle (what I thought was a locker issue) was the reason I was limping around all day.  Will try again later to post pics...not sure what is happening.
Jason

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 07:55:26 PM »
Renegade?

Yes, the red Jeep thing you drive is a Renegade correct? I am asking if you actually did Rubicon at Chocco and if you had any damage.

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
AUGUST 12-14 : CHOCCOLOCCO - Pictures, Videos, Lies, and Carnage
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 07:59:41 PM »
It’s a jeep Cherokee and no I did not. You are mixed up with with what grasshopper said   as we left after eating lunch.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:04:33 PM by tj05world »
Zack

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2022, 08:44:18 PM »
It’s a jeep Cherokee and no I did not. You are mixed up with with what grasshopper said   as we left after eating lunch.

Thanks for the clarification, hard to tell when all the new stuff looks the same. I saw on FB where you said you ran Rubicon so I was curious

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 09:02:18 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, hard to tell when all the new stuff looks the same. I saw on FB where you said you ran Rubicon so I was curious
When we ran Scenic View, Carnage Canyon, Cherry Bomb, and Rubicon we had dropped off the Cherokee and Zack and Laura jumped in with me. So it was just me, TJ’s Grand Cherokee on 35s, and Jason’s TJ on 35s on those trails.

We ran all those before lunch, and after lunch Zack left, so TJ and Jason and I decided to check out the west side of the park, lots of blue/black trails over there.

I started to go up one of the trails but that same red gladiator that you guys recovered later that night was stuck on one of them, but we were all able to turn around and go back down to the bottom, back onto Arsenal. So then we ran Arsenal to the point where Jason couldn’t get up the hill and his jeep decided to take a nap.

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM