BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 03:04:04 PM »
So is this ride a no go? Maybe plan it for January and hope for snow?

I cannot that weekend either. If they can then ride let em, if staff wants more rides then run with it. If rides keep getting killed or changed then there are no rides and thats what people complain about.

There is another ride planned in November and no-one has committed to this ride and It doesn't look like a staff member can attend.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 03:32:23 PM »
Sounds fun, the wife and baby would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 03:39:49 PM »
Are their any service roads to drive up north ?

Zack

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2022, 04:00:12 PM »

I cannot that weekend either. If they can then ride let em, if staff wants more rides then run with it. If rides keep getting killed or changed then there are no rides and thats what people complain about.

There is another ride planned in November and no-one has committed to this ride and It doesn't look like a staff member can attend.

I see no reason for a staff member to have to be present, not really a need for a safety meeting or anything. Thing is, if you want an active club you gotta plan it, make it happen, the ones that wanna show up and can will. If needed, make a FB post and just dont put location or time, make them come to the forum and sign up to see it and we can lay out the rules, times, and places. Butttt... Im not even staff, so its not up to me.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »

I see no reason for a staff member to have to be present, not really a need for a safety meeting or anything. Thing is, if you want an active club you gotta plan it, make it happen, the ones that wanna show up and can will. If needed, make a FB post and just dont put location or time, make them come to the forum and sign up to see it and we can lay out the rules, times, and places. Butttt... Im not even staff, so its not up to me.
I didn't want to post it on FB and have a 100 people sign up and not have a plan lol. I wasn't planning to make the trip or lead it, it's on the calendar as a planned ride and was just posting it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 07:36:58 PM »
Are their any service roads to drive up north ?

Yes

Chuck & Sherry

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 08:39:46 AM »

I didn't want to post it on FB and have a 100 people sign up and not have a plan lol. I wasn't planning to make the trip or lead it, it's on the calendar as a planned ride and was just posting it.

So again, post it, but dont add any details, make them come sign up to the forum and leave all the details on a sign in post. Easy Peasy avoid the lazy folk. Do whatever yall want, Im not staff, I just know folks are complaining about not getting to ride or finding rides and we are over here cancelling stuff. Im out, no skin off my back, just trying to help.

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2022, 09:57:58 AM »

So again, post it, but dont add any details, make them come sign up to the forum and leave all the details on a sign in post. Easy Peasy avoid the lazy folk. Do whatever yall want, Im not staff, I just know folks are complaining about not getting to ride or finding rides and we are over here cancelling stuff. Im out, no skin off my back, just trying to help.

I agree here, I despise the book of faces and more forum traffic would be awesome!
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2022, 10:09:40 AM »

I agree here, I despise the book of faces and more forum traffic would be awesome!

We have done this with a few of the rides this year and it didn't generate any traffic on the forum. Danny posted our GATRFest ride on FB and we didn't get a single hit from FB.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Willys@2016

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2022, 10:52:57 AM »
Well I joined the forum to find rides other than hardcore rock or newbie rides. I also don’t do FB and so I’m not getting out with the group. I just saw this ride and apparently it’s a no go. The way I see it is if you have people that want to ride and it’s not Morris Mtn Park or others then the staff need not go if you don’t plan it with one. I end riding out alone because groups plan rides and then cancel them close to the time. So for people who plan ahead they just frustrated and stop trying to be part of a group. Also it would be nice to have a easier way to find the rides you do plan on doing.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 12:11:41 PM »
Well I joined the forum to find rides other than hardcore rock or newbie rides. I also don’t do FB and so I’m not getting out with the group. I just saw this ride and apparently it’s a no go. The way I see it is if you have people that want to ride and it’s not Morris Mtn Park or others then the staff need not go if you don’t plan it with one. I end riding out alone because groups plan rides and then cancel them close to the time. So for people who plan ahead they just frustrated and stop trying to be part of a group. Also it would be nice to have a easier way to find the rides you do plan on doing.

Tag the mods and staff. This is exactly what I was trying to say, plan it and let the people who want to ride show up, especially a dirt road ride that doesnt need staff. Just fyi @Willys@2016 there is a yearly calendar the staff puts out in the beginning of each year that has its own discussion.

Offline Willys@2016

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »
Yeah I’m just trying to figure out how groups say they are there for all but seem to only be for a few. Heck I post a open invite when I go out after the groups cancel just let let people know that someone is going on a ride. Some groups even have a minimum ride with the group but then cancel the rides that aren’t for the hardcore guys. My truck is a daily drive and a few upgrades so I don’t do the hardcore stuff.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM