BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only  (Read 2178 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
Yeah I’m just trying to figure out how groups say they are there for all but seem to only be for a few. Heck I post a open invite when I go out after the groups cancel just let let people know that someone is going on a ride. Some groups even have a minimum ride with the group but then cancel the rides that aren’t for the hardcore guys. My truck is a daily drive and a few upgrades so I don’t do the hardcore stuff.

Unfortunately this is the way that most people feel when they are just starting, but especially right now with fuel up, cost of living up, etc. I had a hard time getting into a group that was solid you can trust and frankly even wanted to be around when you went riding, and that wouldnt leave you stranded or just berate you when you broke. I hate that you see it like we are a group for a few because I got into this club through a FS ride probly close to 10 years ago, otherwise I wouldnt have just shown up at a park trying to find folks to ride with. Also, you gotta realize the "few" are the ones that have been wheeling for literally decades and have as much in our rigs and tow pigs as we do in our houses in some cases. To us, if we dont make rides happen its a waste of time and money.

@Trailabite Did you put this on FB or just didnt because we supposedly didnt get traffic from the last FS ride? I was there and we had several rigs show up that werent checked in at all and that was fine, we rode all day and ended up having a good time.

If it gets folks involved and thats what it takes then post it and Ill change plans and run it, just dont expect the leaves to be perfect by any means, itll just be a ride. Hell, we might even make it an overnighter if enough are interested, that was discussed after the last FS ride.  We might even end up at a waterfall or two along the way. STAFF-- @tcdawg @Trailabite @tjsahara00 @Danny Kinder  whoever..  Make a link on FB to a check in thread on this forum, with a meeting time and location to be decided, and Ill get a route together and have it on there by the weekend before at the latest.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:22:10 PM by 8lugLJ »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 06:11:44 PM »
Yeah I’m just trying to figure out how groups say they are there for all but seem to only be for a few. Heck I post a open invite when I go out after the groups cancel just let let people know that someone is going on a ride. Some groups even have a minimum ride with the group but then cancel the rides that aren’t for the hardcore guys. My truck is a daily drive and a few upgrades so I don’t do the hardcore stuff.

Unfortunately this is the way that most people feel when they are just starting, but especially right now with fuel up, cost of living up, etc. I had a hard time getting into a group that was solid you can trust and frankly even wanted to be around when you went riding, and that wouldnt leave you stranded or just berate you when you broke. I hate that you see it like we are a group for a few because I got into this club through a FS ride probly close to 10 years ago, otherwise I wouldnt have just shown up at a park trying to find folks to ride with. Also, you gotta realize the "few" are the ones that have been wheeling for literally decades and have as much in our rigs and tow pigs as we do in our houses in some cases. To us, if we dont make rides happen its a waste of time and money.

@Trailabite Did you put this on FB or just didnt because we supposedly didnt get traffic from the last FS ride? I was there and we had several rigs show up that werent checked in at all and that was fine, we rode all day and ended up having a good time.

If it gets folks involved and thats what it takes then post it and Ill change plans and run it, just dont expect the leaves to be perfect by any means, itll just be a ride. Hell, we might even make it an overnighter if enough are interested, that was discussed after the last FS ride.  We might even end up at a waterfall or two along the way. STAFF-- @tcdawg @Trailabite @tjsahara00 @Danny Kinder  whoever..  Make a link on FB to a check in thread on this forum, with a meeting time and location to be decided, and Ill get a route together and have it on there by the weekend before at the latest.
Just busy

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2022, 10:03:00 PM »
The one in Jan or whenever it was at the beginning of the year was a nice simple ride.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 01:21:38 AM »
The one in Jan or whenever it was at the beginning of the year was a nice simple ride.

I tried to make that ride as easy as I could. The snow was the best part, and it was just a dusting.
I just dont have a rig ready to put road miles on. And I dont want to tow to a dirt road ride. Otherwise I would be all over this. I imagine that @8lugLJ  knows N Ga pretty good.
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 08:27:51 AM »

Just busy

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Well I tried. Sorry new guys.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2022, 09:56:08 AM »

I tried to make that ride as easy as I could. The snow was the best part, and it was just a dusting.
I just dont have a rig ready to put road miles on. And I dont want to tow to a dirt road ride. Otherwise I would be all over this. I imagine that @8lugLJ  knows N Ga pretty good.
The kiddo had a blast - dusting or not she thought it was so cool.

Most of those FS roads you don't need a built rig. I took my GMC sierra and we saw plenty of basic SUVs on those roads
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Willys@2016

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2022, 12:29:30 PM »
Not sure who talking about what but here’s the way I see it. I have 3 different rides 1 is daily, 1 is trailer and 1 is 79 F150 4x4 and I’ve been trailing with lots of groups for about 25 years or more and more money in them than 2 houses.
But as a newbie here I’m just saying that a lot of groups are falling short about trail rides. Heck I’ve tried to find you guys at Caffeine and Octane and no showed up or not seen. I’ve meet 3 or more others and they welcomed me. I’ve trying to ride with some that are willing to push their truck and also not leave you broke on the trail. I see you have a core group and I see the pictures of them. Guess I’m just trying to be in the wrong groups. Hope you guys have a fun and safe time on the trails. Maybe we’ll meet sometime somewhere on the trail.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »
Not sure who talking about what but here’s the way I see it. I have 3 different rides 1 is daily, 1 is trailer and 1 is 79 F150 4x4 and I’ve been trailing with lots of groups for about 25 years or more and more money in them than 2 houses.
But as a newbie here I’m just saying that a lot of groups are falling short about trail rides. Heck I’ve tried to find you guys at Caffeine and Octane and no showed up or not seen. I’ve meet 3 or more others and they welcomed me. I’ve trying to ride with some that are willing to push their truck and also not leave you broke on the trail. I see you have a core group and I see the pictures of them. Guess I’m just trying to be in the wrong groups. Hope you guys have a fun and safe time on the trails. Maybe we’ll meet sometime somewhere on the trail.

In the past 10 months we have had 7 club rides and there has been a few spur of the moment rides as well. So, some of us are getting out there. Hang around the forum, take a look at the ride calendars and participate in the conversations. We have a ride planned for November 10-13 at Harlan.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »

Well the check in thread is up, and Im planning the trails so come ride.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »
Hey man,  I don't think we've met yet, so I hope you don't take this wrong,  but you are complaining about the club not having a trail ride for non- hardcore rigs in a thread that is about a trail ride for non- hardcore rigs.  Bruh.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Willys@2016

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2022, 09:48:28 PM »
Well if some would read the whole conversation it started with someone saying it was another no ride and then making sure I understood how newbie think things are and then wanted to let me know that apparently a lot of people have more money in their rides than it their house. I figured I would explain a little bit and I’ve looked at the events rides and this was the last to be posted. So no you probably haven’t meet me, like I said I’ve been to the show multiple times and never saw you guys and no one’s heard of you. So I’ll go back to main discussion with my interest so Bruh want complain in this no ride discussion.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2022, 10:10:51 PM »
Well if some would read the whole conversation it started with someone saying it was another no ride and then making sure I understood how newbie think things are and then wanted to let me know that apparently a lot of people have more money in their rides than it their house. I figured I would explain a little bit and I’ve looked at the events rides and this was the last to be posted. So no you probably haven’t meet me, like I said I’ve been to the show multiple times and never saw you guys and no one’s heard of you. So I’ll go back to main discussion with my interest so Bruh want complain in this no ride discussion.

To be fair, the caffeine and octane events are just a fun thing for members to go do so it was placed on the calendar. It's not a real "club event", there typically is no meet-up spot, and some prior attendees don't even take their jeeps. Our meet and greets take place on the trails which are usually offroad parks in the surrounding states bc GA doesn't have much to offer.

So no, other jeep groups at caffeine and octane wouldn't have heard of us. Jeep groups at dairy queen or the local pub haven't either. This ride may be the only one we do a year that's on a public road. Come on out and meet some nice people, and if you enjoy the company, come out to a park where you can more than likely join a small group of similarly built rigs, or hop in an empty passenger seat and see some of the bigger obstacle if you want. We're a welcoming group, but good-natured ribbing is usually lost through text and can make some of the very nice people here sound like assholes online.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM