BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: November 5th Fall Leaf Ride - Discussion Thread Only
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:59 PM »
Well if some would read the whole conversation it started with someone saying it was another no ride and then making sure I understood how newbie think things are and then wanted to let me know that apparently a lot of people have more money in their rides than it their house. I figured I would explain a little bit and I’ve looked at the events rides and this was the last to be posted. So no you probably haven’t meet me, like I said I’ve been to the show multiple times and never saw you guys and no one’s heard of you. So I’ll go back to main discussion with my interest so Bruh want complain in this no ride discussion.

To be fair, the caffeine and octane events are just a fun thing for members to go do so it was placed on the calendar. It's not a real "club event", there typically is no meet-up spot, and some prior attendees don't even take their jeeps. Our meet and greets take place on the trails which are usually offroad parks in the surrounding states bc GA doesn't have much to offer.

So no, other jeep groups at caffeine and octane wouldn't have heard of us. Jeep groups at dairy queen or the local pub haven't either. This ride may be the only one we do a year that's on a public road. Come on out and meet some nice people, and if you enjoy the company, come out to a park where you can more than likely join a small group of similarly built rigs, or hop in an empty passenger seat and see some of the bigger obstacle if you want. We're a welcoming group, but good-natured ribbing is usually lost through text and can make some of the very nice people here sound like assholes online.
Very well written @patman. You have to take what’s typed out with a grain of salt since it’s difficult to read how someone is trying to come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2022, 10:45:45 PM »
I couldn't figure out why the caffeine and octane topic kept coming up;  now I get it... the freaking "ride" calendar.

I wish I had a street and trail worthy rig so I could ride next weekend.  I hope it doesn't end up being Justin alone.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
I couldn't figure out why the caffeine and octane topic kept coming up;  now I get it... the freaking "ride" calendar.

I wish I had a street and trail worthy rig so I could ride next weekend.  I hope it doesn't end up being Justin alone.

You have a truck that is more than capable of riding through the forest roads.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »

But it’s Dodge, it may not make it back home.
J/K

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2022, 11:49:19 AM »

But it’s Dodge, it may not make it back home.
J/K
Ford,  same outcome

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2022, 09:29:24 AM »
So are we riding or just complaining more?

I keep reading some of this thread and wondering if Zach changed handles. Sneaky
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:35:41 AM by 8lugLJ »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline outlawoffroad

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2022, 01:43:31 PM »
I'd like to ride.    you got a route as good as the one we did last year in mind ? that one was fun

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2022, 03:12:56 PM »
I'd like to ride.    you got a route as good as the one we did last year in mind ? that one was fun

I have a buddy up here that wants to camp Saturday night, so we can do a similar route and Ill just end it close to where we will camp unless there are more folks that want to.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »
10 AM DEPARTURE FROM DAHLONEGA WAL MART

All day, will end up either in Helen or Hiawassee depending on time>

Possible creek crossings and small ruts, but no need to even put rigs in 4wd more than likely. No limbs or trails to scratch your dailys, if you want to attend no excuses.

NO REQUIREMENT ON GEAR OR RADIOS TO ATTEND!!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
I took the trash to the street and noticed the leaves are starting to change colors "in the city" in early November.   

Have all of the leaves dropped in the noga mountains,  as we predicted early in this discussion?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2022, 08:51:42 AM »
For the most part, yes, but there are still some around for picture taking. It will be kinda nice because the long range views will be better, to be fair.

No more takers?? Yall gotta be kidding me. All the complaining about never riding and talk about wanting to camp and we got 3 guys going riding?

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2022, 08:57:12 AM »

No more takers?? Yall gotta be kidding me. All the complaining about never riding and talk about wanting to camp and we got 3 guys going riding?

Which, ironically, is why some of the rides get canceled. Some people are never happy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM