BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Colorado  (Read 358 times)

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Colorado
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
To day was mostly dirt hill climbs with big high bank switch backs in the Phantom Creek area. It reminded me alot of Beasley knobb. Complete with idiots on 4 wheelers and everything.
But we did have two water crossings. This guy being dumb flooded his yj and we had to pull him out. I helped him pull plug wires and blow the water out of them. We got it started but it sounded like a diesel when we left him.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 08:16:02 PM »
To day was mostly dirt hill climbs with big high bank switch backs in the Phantom Creek area. It reminded me alot of Beasley knobb. Complete with idiots on 4 wheelers and everything.
But we did have two water crossings. This guy being dumb flooded his yj and we had to pull him out. I helped him pull plug wires and blow the water out of them. We got it started but it sounded like a diesel when we left him.

Classic YJ guy

Haha

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 08:27:29 PM »
Good on y’all. I can’t wait to visit Colorado one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 01:04:31 AM »
Decided we couldn't leave with out one more rock crawling trail.

Cascade Creek
This one was pretty rough. At one point it was froze over. I got half way up and then started sliding back down. Finally dug into the side of the hill and made it up. Awesome trail.

The connector trail that took us back into Idaho Springs wasn't terribly easy either. South Spring Gultch. We ran it in the dark.

All the trails we ran north of Colorado Springs would have been fun in a 37 and under group. We took bypasses around every corner that we turned. Those obstacles looked like so much fun.

The stuff around Colorado Springs was mostly dirt hills and ruts. No rocks.

Our jeep was a 2.0l with a turbo.
On the highway, constant 85 mph getting 22mph. With plenty of go juice.
On the trail, you couldn't get power to the axles untill the turbo started to spool and then it would launch you up what you were trying to crawl. I had to get good at rolling into the obstacle and then keeping a little gas.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 01:06:25 AM by classified »
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »

Cascade Creek
This one was pretty rough. At one point it was froze over. I got half way up and then started sliding back down. Finally dug into the side of the hill and made it up. Awesome trail.

The connector trail that took us back into Idaho Springs wasn't terribly easy either. South Spring Gultch. We ran it in the dark.

All the trails we ran north of Colorado Springs would have been fun in a 37 and under group. We took bypasses around every corner that we turned. Those obstacles looked like so much fun.

On the trail, you couldn't get power to the axles untill the turbo started to spool and then it would launch you up what you were trying to crawl. I had to get good at rolling into the obstacle and then keeping a little gas.

What transfer case did that 2.0 have?

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 04:10:11 PM »

Cascade Creek

What transfer case did that 2.0 have?
I don't know
I'd pull up to a rock and by the time I was giving it enough gas to start crawling, the turbo would kick in and launch me

Or I'd floor it to kick around a burm, and the turbo wouldn't kick in till I was exiting the turn

Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 08:02:39 PM »
Last year we did a lot of trails around Buna Vista area. Awesome place to wheel.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 08:32:01 PM »
Last year we did a lot of trails around Buna Vista area. Awesome place to wheel.
I'll have to remember that.

Right now Idaho springs area is my favorite. But I haven't wheeled west of lake George.

I don't like the Colorado Springs area. Phantom Creek area was the best part, but not worth the effort.

I want to get a group of street able rigs to go some time for like an over landing trip. You can go a long way on dirt roads and moderate trails that a stock jeep can do, but could challenge a rig on 37s as well. Ironclads was one of those trails.

Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2022, 08:48:35 AM »

Right now Idaho springs area is my favorite. But I haven't wheeled west of lake George.

I don't like the Colorado Springs area. Phantom Creek area was the best part, but not worth the effort.

I want to get a group of street able rigs to go some time for like an over landing trip. You can go a long way on dirt roads and moderate trails that a stock jeep can do, but could challenge a rig on 37s as well. Ironclads was one of those trails.

Id be down for a streetable rig trip, but then Id get there and just be mad the whole time I cant hit the big stuff.

Oh.. and serves the dude right in the YJ imo, bet he had his Patagonia hat on and go green stickers while he hit the creek crossing wide ass open.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 08:49:56 AM by 8lugLJ »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2022, 12:29:07 PM »

Id be down for a streetable rig trip, but then Id get there and just be mad the whole time I cant hit the big stuff.

Oh.. and serves the dude right in the YJ imo, bet he had his Patagonia hat on and go green stickers while he hit the creek crossing wide ass open.
No, he was a local. Just hanging out on the creek bank with his dogs.
He had some bald ass 33s. There was more tread on our Bridgestone dueler HTs.
It was fun though having to do a recovery. Made it feel more like a trail ride and less doing something we shouldn't.

Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
Looks awesome @classified ! Did you say you're camping out there each night or heading back into town?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sounds nice and relaxing but we aren't built like that lol. I'd just have to leave the totaled jeep on the trail.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2022, 05:36:25 PM »
Looks awesome @classified ! Did you say you're camping out there each night or heading back into town?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sounds nice and relaxing but we aren't built like that lol. I'd just have to leave the totaled jeep on the trail.

We hit hotels. But they are usually pretty close(with in an hour)
flying in and renting a jeep makes it hard to have what you need to camp. We do this 2 times a year, so we thought about getting a storage unit.
We left our $24 cooler in the vacuum area when we cleaned the jeep up.
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM