BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Colorado  (Read 357 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Colorado
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2022, 05:44:36 PM »
Looks awesome @classified ! Did you say you're camping out there each night or heading back into town?

Id be down for a streetable rig trip, but then Id get there and just be mad the whole time I cant hit the big stuff.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sounds nice and relaxing but we aren't built like that lol. I'd just have to leave the totaled jeep on the trail.

We hit hotels. But they are usually pretty close(with in an hour)
flying in and renting a jeep makes it hard to have what you need to camp. We do this 2 times a year, so we thought about getting a storage unit.
We left our $24 cooler in the vacuum area when we cleaned the jeep up.

Yeah that makes since. I liked Moab so much I discussed just buying a cheap buggy to store out there lol
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
Looks awesome @classified ! Did you say you're camping out there each night or heading back into town?

Id be down for a streetable rig trip, but then Id get there and just be mad the whole time I cant hit the big stuff.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sounds nice and relaxing but we aren't built like that lol. I'd just have to leave the totaled jeep on the trail.

We hit hotels. But they are usually pretty close(with in an hour)
flying in and renting a jeep makes it hard to have what you need to camp. We do this 2 times a year, so we thought about getting a storage unit.
We left our $24 cooler in the vacuum area when we cleaned the jeep up.

Yeah that makes since. I liked Moab so much I discussed just buying a cheap buggy to store out there lol

Moab is not far. We did that on 1 trip. Ran Baby Steps and did a bunch of desert exploring in the klondike bluffs area.

We have looked at vehicles. A cherokee we could throw a set of 33's on and just leave out there. Ive got to build a d44 for my daughters jeep. I could use her axles as templates and build a couple more. Then ship them out there. Could be on 35s and doing much harder trails in a day or so. Or just build something here and ship it out.

The rental jeep is nice cause its new, it runs, and zipping across the state doesn't take much thought. On the trail it forces you to be finessfull. But it would be nice to have something to beat on.
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2022, 09:54:40 PM »
Last year we did a lot of trails around Buna Vista area. Awesome place to wheel.
I'll have to remember that.

Right now Idaho springs area is my favorite. But I haven't wheeled west of lake George.

I don't like the Colorado Springs area. Phantom Creek area was the best part, but not worth the effort.

I want to get a group of street able rigs to go some time for like an over landing trip. You can go a long way on dirt roads and moderate trails that a stock jeep can do, but could challenge a rig on 37s as well. Ironclads was one of those trails.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

I drove my JL on 37" out there and back. There are plenty of trails we ran with descent size rocks and then ran scenic trails as well.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM